Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMIC Power Increase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FMIC Power Increase?

haha werd. dude... sorry to go off topic but when do i get out of newbie status? i'm from the mazda forums where i was a mod and i hate this ****... makes it look like im stupid...

Old 02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

You are doing a pretty good job of looking stupid without the noob status

ok what I ment by that is it cools exhaust gasses that are used to power the turbo, I know its not actually blowing air on it.
[/quote]

Old 02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

A intercooler does not cool exhaust gasses it cools the charge air after being compressed by the turbo

Old 02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

Maybe this will help you

Old 02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

My bad I misunderstood, intake air is pumped into the intercooler, not exhaust gasses. But the main point here is this kid will not really notice any difference by adding a FMIC to a stock turbo.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
3rd Gear

Ya know for claiming not to be a "noob" you sure haven't found the EDIT button

Old 02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Site Moderator

A lot of times you get a pressure drop with a fmic which will decrease performance with use on the stock turbo. But if you get small enough piping and the right size fmic, it will help mainly in the summer without any pressure drop or decrease in performance.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

who needs the EDIT button

ORIGINAL: akielb

Ya know for claiming not to be a "noob" you sure haven't found the EDIT button

Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
3rd Gear

You have three post back to back to back. all saying the same thing - one correcting yourself - and the next just adding a pic - but i guess if you feel this is the only way you will get your #'s up the go right ahead. I feel quality is better than quantity(mostly why I don't like fat chicks)

Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

wait... i'm the one claiming not to be a noob... ha... and i don't need the edi button do i? but just so u guys know since i'll be here alot, i'm known for bad typing sometimes. =)

but yea, the illustration (seen it a thousand times) is good for anyone ho doesnt know how turbos work. if an intercooler keeps anything cool really, it may be ur intake mani or TB, just cause it cools the exhaust intake air which is mad so hot by the turbo.

and u use a little boost, but i know atleast on turbo protege that u can just up the boost a little more to compensate... but from what i understand about the audis... u cant do that. why don't our cars adjust the fuel to extra air via the MAF when u just turn up boost? thats how every other car works? instea du have to run it all through the ecu... very inconvienient and costly...

Quick Reply: FMIC Power Increase?