Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flickering digital temp control module

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Default flickering digital temp control module

I have a '96 A4. Great car. One problem is that the diigital module that displays temp and climate control seem to have a loose connestion. At times I lose the display. does not affect the function at all. Any thoughts? Seem like a loose electrical connection. Solutions?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Default RE: flickering digital temp control module

i have the same problem on my '96 A4. Any solutions to the flickering?

Old 06-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Administrator

it doesnt affect the operations.. the early climate control systems like that are garbage and known for going out.. its not a loose connection. Just a Control that is going out.. Can be expensive to replace.. call around and see if you can find a deal on one and post what you got maybe a group buy Mine is going out too

Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

Howdy,
Fresh 96 a4 owner here.
I read an article that talked about faulty buttons, but I have the same issue as you do with the display flickering, not coming on at all or coming on when I press the fan down button.
Article is:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec153.shtml

My display will work when it's cold, suggesting it is indeed a board fault (circuit board) or component issue.
My bently manual has not yet arrived, but I don't expect it will offer much in the way of internal component testing - hope I'm wrong.

I've had mine apart, but not pulled the "main" (front) board out of the "gooed" clips as yet. I did separate the cable from the front portion of the display, and noticed I had a bad orange bulb (sources anyone?). I checked for visible corrosion, cracks and found none so reassembled and it worked! Thought maybe it was just the cable connector, but the "fix" was short lived. It's gone back to working in cold mornings and when it wants to. I was just in there to replace the deck and got sidetracked.

Since it still functions fine, I've not given up on a repair. It would be nice to know if the AC is running tho....

I'll pass on a fix if I find one.

cheers,
-T