Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time EVER pulled over...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Default RE: First time EVER pulled over...

I ran a red light a while back, next thing I know, cop creeps out and pulls me over. I thought "great, I'm screwed" but instead he was like "Have any points on your license?", and I told him I had 3. He replied "I'll see if I can help you out." He didn't give me any points (would have been 2, then I would have had 5), just had to pay the fine. Hey, anything's better than points.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

... Rear Fog Lights?
Yes, rear fog light. Theres plenty of info around here about it but I don't know all the details about which cars have them. As far as I know its at least on all the B5's and its a single red light on the driver side (I think) and the switch is just to the right of the front fog lights.

I always have my front fogs on at night, since I just about hit a raccoon I figure I would have seen earlier if they were on. I still don't know if they are legal though. I don't like running the rear fog because it looks like a brake light out. I do use it to send a message to tail gaters at night, as opposed to slamming on my brakes.
Fog lights should be legal if you are running stock lighting. I looked up the laws before in Colorado and you could only have 4 white lights on the front of your vehicle, any others must be amber.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bleedgreen11

The rear fog light is a DUI waiting to happen for those old enough to go to bars. In PA you have two beers at a bar and leave your *** is hit heavy with a DUI.

Good quick story, Me and a buddy racing down semi open highway, about 110-130 range, flew passed a cruiser sittin in an emergency pull off, I was in my Avenger he was in a Jetta Carrat luckily our exit was the very next one, both flipped off our lights exited and hugged the horseshoe turn off the exit. It was great, after the turn it was again a straight stretch highway and dark so we could see him but he couldn't see us, eventually he slowed down and thought we turned or somethin cuz he just dissapeared out of the rear view. It was good stuff.....take that piggy
Haha, funny.

Another quick story:

Back in the '70s, my Father and his friends were... Uhh, bad Asses I suppose... Anyway, they had this old Toyota Celica that they built by welding two cars together (One was wrecked in the front, the other in the rear). This cars only purpose: Running from the police. My Father's friend lived on farm land, that they knew like the back of their hands, so they used to go flying by a parked patrol car, and lead him over the road next to the corn field... And yes, pull into the corn field.

They would drive around for a bit just to get him good a lost, then pull off and drive up the hill with their lights off, and watch the cop car drive around for hours on end trying to find a way out of the massive field. Haha

Oh well, times change I suppose.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

thats pretty funny

once i was at this park and my friend drives up going 15mph. a guy in an explorer pulls up and tells us he manages the park and that the speed limit was 10 and not to do that again. At which time my friend replies "sir, this is a county park, there isnt an appointed manager, and the sign right over there says the speed limit is 5, not 10".

Old 11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

hahaha thats an awsome story