Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY INSTALLED BOOST GAUGE! NOW WITH PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FINALLY INSTALLED BOOST GAUGE!

just a little tip… at least how I did on my, I conneced b/g to the fuel pressure regulator line it’s closer to the frame... what’s makes it look betted, easier to install and u dont have to worry about plastic line toching any part of the engine.

"picture added"

Old 03-29-2007, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

thats how AWE has it pictured in their install diagrams - but I've heard that is not a good place to go.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm make believe

I had the glowshift in my car, it lasted almost a year before the vacuum started going from 20in hg when warm to below the 30 mark. Also the needle would sit below the 0 when turned off. Switched to a autometer gauge and it went back to 20 and the boost was 2 psi higher than what the glowshift showed. It was a good gauge but you need to replace it if that starts happening to yours.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I had the glowshift in my car, it lasted almost a year before the vacuum started going from 20in hg when warm to below the 30 mark. Also the needle would sit below the 0 when turned off. Switched to a autometer gauge and it went back to 20 and the boost was 2 psi higher than what the glowshift showed. It was a good gauge but you need to replace it if that starts happening to yours.
When I am driving and I let off the accelerator, my vac goes way down to 30 too. Does that mean there is something wrong with my car or the gauge? I think I already know I have a boost leak, but when I start my car adn idle it sits at around 22Hg and thats where I thought it was supposed to be?

A lil help thanks!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM
3rd Gear

where were you a week ago - price was right, we'll see how long it lasts

Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: akielb

thats how AWE has it pictured in their install diagrams - but I've heard that is not a good place to go.
but y??? any idea ???

Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm make believe

it should be at ~20 when at operating temps. The lowest mine goes now is 22-23 after releasing the gas. At start up while the secondary air pump is on and my idle is at 1100rpms the guage says 12-14.

It sounds like you might want to change it for a new one. Plus where does the needle sit when you car is off? I should be at 0.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

it should be at ~20 when at operating temps. The lowest mine goes now is 22-23 after releasing the gas. At start up while the secondary air pump is on and my idle is at 1100rpms the guage says 12-14.

It sounds like you might want to change it for a new one. Plus where does the needle sit when you car is off? I should be at 0.
So the vac should NEVER go down to 30 then? When the car is off it is at 0. Sometimes it is just a hair under that.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: akielb

where were you a week ago - price was right, we'll see how long it lasts
i wasnt bored and wondering. When i bought mine they sent me 2 by mistake. My brother has it in his passat and last time i checked it was still running fine after ~6 months. Ill check his again and post back.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: alias747

So the vac should NEVER go down to 30 then? When the car is off it is at 0. Sometimes it is just a hair under that.
It havent seen it below low 20's with a newer gauge (glowshift or auto meter). Where is your boost source and what guage?

Quick Reply: FINALLY INSTALLED BOOST GAUGE! NOW WITH PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!