Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally have pictures of the B5

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Finally have pictures of the B5

Mods will be coming soon...had the car for less than a month now....cant wait to start doing stuff though.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
4th Gear

Looks good, debadge is a must, painting lowers wont change the look much, not sure if its worth it.
Lose the flaps and the badges, it'll look even better.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

Looks nice... I was thinking about lowering mine but I live far up north and we get a **** load of snow... is it safe to have it lowered for winter? Coil-overs are just way to pricy for me.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

nice car. haha mud flaps.. get rid of those, please? i agree with getting rid of the emblems. i have a black 01, it looks so much better without the emblems. and the car will look great. the lowers aren't a big deal on black cars. i'm planning on suspension, new turbo and speakers before i paint my lowers.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

Ok...so about de-badging...has anyone ever run into the problem of the paint underneath of the badges not fading like the rest of the car?? I mean, like if I take off the badges, will I still be able to see where they have been?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Administrator

If the car was fully in the frame in the second pic, it would be a very cool picture

Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear

ah very nice car. looks like a 2001.5 w/sport pkg. same car and color as my first audi. definately looks good!

i dig the flaps actually, something that gives the car a little bit of that old audi heritage. not something you see to often.

and they're functional. they keep tEh Mud ofF dA auDI!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

I de-badged the A4 and 2.8L emblems on my car by using floss and to get the glue off I just used nail polish remover and my nail... works fine actually, no paint fadings at all. After I did that, I put on the RS badge where the RS4 and S4 badges go on... looks sick actually, I will post a pic on later after I get my remus exhaust installed.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ah very nice car. looks like a 2001.5 w/sport pkg. same car and color as my first audi. definately looks good!

i dig the flaps actually, something that gives the car a little bit of that old audi heritage. not something you see to often.

and they're functional. they keep tEh Mud ofF dA auDI!!!!
They may be somewhat functional, but they are still ugly. There is a reason you don't see them too often

Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Skip

Ok...so about de-badging...has anyone ever run into the problem of the paint underneath of the badges not fading like the rest of the car?? I mean, like if I take off the badges, will I still be able to see where they have been?
Yes, I debadged my 98 A4 and I had this problem. There is a small outline of where the letters were, but honestly at any distance farther than like, 4 feet, you can't see the marks. I would go for it, considering you have a newer car that was probably better taken care of than mine was by the previous owner. If you do debadge and it happens and irks you a lot, you can take it to a body shop. They should be able to wetsand it and make it blend into the rest of the car pretty easily.

Quick Reply: Finally have pictures of the B5