Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It finally happened

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:45 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: It finally happened

ORIGINAL: Railslider

im not sure i guess ngk bkr7e but it depends on ur mods
I'm stock at the moment, not much I can do to a 2.8 in the future either LOL.
In a 2.8 you really don't have to worry about heat range to much unless you get into forced induction, thats when things start to really change. If you are finding however that you are driving at higher loads and higher rpms then going to a colder plug wouldn't hurt you. just go one step thou.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

ORIGINAL: achTTung

BTW, if you were to try it, its AC, green tungsten (100%), red (2% thoriated) works in a pinch, and you'll want your high frequency on 'continuous'. You'll also want it as clean as possible, and figure almost twice the amperage as you would use for ferrous metals, TIG welding, of course.

Also, I'm assuming by your first response, you think my reply was a little smug. Well, by my origional post of 'you have a welder at your disposal' I would come to think that the person making the comment actually could weld the parts in question before they made the claim they could. Hence, the overview of my current welding position.

Man, theres no love on AF....

Look man, I can't find where anyone said he had a welder, for that matter, he's doing it in a parkinglot. I'm not try to discreadit you or anything, All I said was that it was quite a bit trikkyer than ferrous metels. I've screwed up my share of aluminum parts by over doing it just a tad. I really hope you don't take everything so personaly, just tryin as you are to help him get the best results.
ok ok, there's a little confusion here....flyboy, what achttung meant by 'welder' wasn't a welding machine, but an actual welder (as in, someone skilled in the art of welding)

Old 10-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Site Moderator

LOL - man I love these great misunderstandings we have here.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: brrman

LOL - man I love these great misunderstandings we have here.
yes yes, here at af we like to briefly glance over others' posts and then blindly attack their seemingly careless remarks. they keep the forum alive

Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ORIGINAL: flyboy

ORIGINAL: achTTung

BTW, if you were to try it, its AC, green tungsten (100%), red (2% thoriated) works in a pinch, and you'll want your high frequency on 'continuous'. You'll also want it as clean as possible, and figure almost twice the amperage as you would use for ferrous metals, TIG welding, of course.

Also, I'm assuming by your first response, you think my reply was a little smug. Well, by my origional post of 'you have a welder at your disposal' I would come to think that the person making the comment actually could weld the parts in question before they made the claim they could. Hence, the overview of my current welding position.

Man, theres no love on AF....

Look man, I can't find where anyone said he had a welder, for that matter, he's doing it in a parkinglot. I'm not try to discreadit you or anything, All I said was that it was quite a bit trikkyer than ferrous metels. I've screwed up my share of aluminum parts by over doing it just a tad. I really hope you don't take everything so personaly, just tryin as you are to help him get the best results.
ok ok, there's a little confusion here....flyboy, what achttung meant by 'welder' wasn't a welding machine, but an actual welder (as in, someone skilled in the art of welding)

I read this damn thing like ten times to make sure I got everything right, now I'm just confused. WTF.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:07 AM
3rd Gear

muhahahahahaha, i think he wound up taking it to a shop to do the welding. right?????? hmmmmm?????? ahhhh who cares. good luck Tom!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
3rd Gear

na as of right now no welding needs to be done except for the new downpipe im building except I'll prolly just mig weld that biatch...

Thinking I might hafta sell my wheels and tires, and interest or offers? 18x8.5 or 18x9 nvr found out for sure, prolly the only set of these anywhere, retail around 850 each in the porsche fitment, and then somehow they are in the audi fitment... tires are dunlop fm901's good tread except for the inside edges which have awful wear, on a car without control arm problems these would be fine

Old 10-12-2005, 05:30 PM
2nd Gear

I love those rims, but I probly can't afford them right now. I am straight broke....lol

Old 10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
5th Gear

Alright, to clear this ALLL up.

Tom is a friend of mine, met him at the college he goes to.

I weld for a living, I told him I would weld anything he needed. He may/may not need some work done on his head, and I reminded him that if he needed, he had a welder (me) at his disposal.

People tried to give me (him?) tips on welding cast aluminum, and I posted a somewhat smartass reminder that Im ACTUALLY a trained welder. (even went to college for it, for what its worth)

Attack, counter-attack...

A WTF or two.

and-

-- You are Here. --(explaination of whole situation)

Tom, I'd love to see those rims on my car. I offer you (if/when it finally happens), my firstborn. Let me know what you think.

Edited for dislexia

Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

rofl wrong lug pattern...and i am pretty hungry, i could use some babies for food

Ahahaha ok that was a sic joke

Anyways head is at the ,machine shop, awesome old guy doing the work, he's charging me $40 to remove old valve, regrind valve seat, and install new valve! and it'll be done by tomorrow

Quick Reply: It finally happened