Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It finally happened

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default It finally happened

Oh boy..I'm screwed

I have been finishing up my fuel map, I actually got 33mpg on my way home from school and 31mpg on my way back. I have been running shitty autolite plugs until i finish tuning the fuel map just because I was going through them pretty often. Well I guess autolites weren't up to the task

yesterday we went driving and I knew imediatly when it happened, i lost cyl2. Check spark, had it, checked fuel, had it..I knew it was something major...went out and bought a compression tester and saw 155, 0 150, 150. Not good so i began dissasembly this morning,
Me angry...and the drunking had begun

And finally the head was off, lucky no damage to the bottom end. It appears that the exhaust valve stomped on the ground strap of the plug, cracked the edge of the valve off, and both went through the turbo chipping 1 blade off the turbine. Hopefully I can run this turbo until i can afford another, otherwise i guess ill hafta get another credit card... This whole mess was definetly not in my budget...and neither was all the beer i been drinking[8D]

The look of disgust

And the new brakes I wish i hadnt ordered, because I know cant afford them

Anyways it could have been worse, but it also could have been better dont use autolite spark plugs This is a really gay way to blow a motor

Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: It finally happened

wow Tom , you know you're insane , right ?
In a good way

Old 10-06-2005, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

Man that really sucks. At least you got it back together. I'm thinking about doing the plugs on my 2.8, what do you suggest?

Old 10-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Zombie Defense Force

sorry thats a bummer, btw i have that same tool set just got it 2 days ago

Old 10-07-2005, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

At least your only drinking Bud Light. Its $14 a case. If you need extra money switch to Olympia or the Millwaukee's Beast.

My condolences on your loss. I learned about Autolite when I was in college too...nice to know they still suck.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Zombie Defense Force

i fixed an ic pipe in my schools parking lot and it was nothing compared to what u did ur amazing at this stuff hope u can fix it

Old 10-07-2005, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

Wow, thats impressive. I did a timming chain on my '73 Firebird in the parking lot once... but it doesn't even compare to your undertaking. Good luck with that. BTW, do you want to sell those brakes now? I'm almost afraid to ask how much.....

Old 10-07-2005, 12:48 AM
3rd Gear

Yea no where but the parking lot to work, the motor is in my room now.,.well the head at least. I actually got an offer from a friend, mad1 on audiworld, he said if I was really in a bind he would trade me my brakes, for a complete 00 motor with 52-54k on it. I just placed my order to ecs for this stuff and it was only 200 so its nowhere near what I was expecting. As long as there is no head damage I will be able to keep the brakes, if there is head damage I'll prolly take up mad1 on his offer.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Administrator

damn im sorry to hear about your budget

Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

holy love of god

Quick Reply: It finally happened