Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
yes do it.
31.58%
no its not worth it.
68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Finally came to a conclusion. Doing a manual convers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default Finally came to a conclusion. Doing a manual convers.

i have done many upgrades to my 2001 a4 1.8t tip. i always was thinking of manual conversion. about a week ago, my friend who owns a 94 auto m3 got his car do a manual conversion. i drove his car and i seen that the car responds quicker and gets a nice launch. he traded his auto tranny and purchased manual master cylender, manual clutch kit and other small parts that cost him about 300 dollars some used and new. he paid the mechanic 600 dollars to install the manual tranny.

i thought about upgrading the torq converter but its over a thousand dollar. after that i was thinking about upgrading the turbo but, every mechanic that i talked to is telling me DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE AUTO AUDI TRANNY. basically in a long run its not a good thing for me. i know its going to cost me more then the 94 m3s manual convers. because there is more parts i have to purchase for my car because there is alot more to the components on my car since its newer. after the manual conversion, i can upgrade the turbo and have more hp. the manual tranny weight almost 3x lighter then his auto m3. i am very undecided. i would like to know if any one has done the conversion. i dont want to get rid of my car because its my first car so its hard for me to give it away.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Finally came to a conclusion. Doing a manual convers.

Thats a tough call but its going to be a huge PITA to do it well, im not sure if itll even match up.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 AM
2nd Gear

why should it not. from what i see, it is the same motor, i need a manual tranny, manual ecu cluctch pedal kit and small parts like that.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: ironman

Thats a tough call but its going to be a huge PITA to do it well, im not sure if itll even match up.
Ironman is right, the manual trans won't match up to the engine that same with an auto. On the auto, they mounted the engine upside down just to keep people from doing tranny swaps and putting manuals in.

Yeah, right. It's going to be a lot of work but there's no reason you cant swap the auto for the manual. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Zombie Defense Force

im going to be watching this thread. good luck and i hope it works well

Old 06-03-2007, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

i can't believe people still ask this.

this is a ridiculous idea...just get a new car.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: toaster

this is a ridiculous idea...just get a new car.
Agree

Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear

i dont know how you could ever buy an auto. i work valet and see mini vans w tip, it makes me sad to think ppl drive audis like that. i would think just the pedal install would be a PITA

Old 06-03-2007, 11:29 PM

In my personal opinion, it would be a waste of time, BUT, I have would have some respect for anyone who is willing to take it on and finish it. Good luck

Old 06-04-2007, 12:29 AM
5th Gear

just throw a level ten kit in the auto and Bt it see how long it lasts and have fun while it does

Quick Reply: Finally came to a conclusion. Doing a manual convers.