Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed emissions today

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Failed emissions today

or just move to someplace like where i live where we don't have emissions

Old 07-24-2005, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

you could try to burn all your fuel down, so your pretty much empty. then RIGHT before you go get inspected put some 85 in, the fuel will burn a lot faster and hopefully more completely. BUT you have to be careful to NOT build boost(which they shouldn't at testing) or at least any sort of load. if your running in vaccume and part throttle you should be able to pass without causing any detonating.

can you tune your engine yourself with the tools you have? it sounds like you can't otherwise it would be easy to pass.

one last thing, i have had UNCONFIRMED reports of people stuffing steel wool and fiberglass in their exhaust to help pass emissions, the theory is that the packed exhaust will slow the unburnt fuel, then heat up and burn the rest of the way, like a cat.

try at your own risk

Old 07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

oh and are they plugging into your obd2 port or is it just tailpipe?

Old 07-25-2005, 03:03 AM
3rd Gear

I thought of something else...by a "perfect" a/f ratio did you mean stoichiometric, or perfect for making power at altitude? Because those are two different things. Actually, you shouldn't be at 14.7:1 anyway, you should be richer than that. That's how car engines work. But i'm rambling.

I still say turn up the boost, if all things (like fuel being squirted) remain equal, more air with same amt of fuel should give you a more emissions-friendly ratio.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ok i solved my problem. im changing my cars registration to a different county in the mountians where they do not require testing. they pluged into my obd2 port and the tail pipe. ya i can change my a/f ratios with the AFC but i dont wanna screw with that, i guss i could put the stock injectors back in but that again would mess with the tune

Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear

Just a thought...... Run the highest octane fuel you can find get some irridium plugs (or any top quality plugs) lean your car up a bit... not too much that it blows but just enough. If your running a BOV go put a DV on it. The lesser the octane, the less flammable/explosive. The higher the octane, the more fuel gets burned. Thats what i'd do (worth a shot).

Old 07-25-2005, 09:32 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

I thought of something else...by a "perfect" a/f ratio did you mean stoichiometric, or perfect for making power at altitude? Because those are two different things. Actually, you shouldn't be at 14.7:1 anyway, you should be richer than that. That's how car engines work. But i'm rambling.

I still say turn up the boost, if all things (like fuel being squirted) remain equal, more air with same amt of fuel should give you a more emissions-friendly ratio.
14.7 is what you want off boost, under boost is a different story and you want to richen the mix to around 12.3. Also remember we have a 1:1 rising rate fpr, meaning for every 1psi of boost, we gain 1 psi of fuel pressure so unless you run out of fueling, your a/f should stay the same no matter what boost

Old 07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

If anyone would know about this shi.t it would be Tom, but I still think you need to try and lean your car up a bit.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

Have you asked your tuner where he gets his sticker from? tuner shops usually know where to get them done

Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear

I would just go to some local gtg's and see where other ppl get there car "inspected" thats what I did

Quick Reply: Failed emissions today