Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of Lease Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Default End of Lease Advice

Hi, my 2010 A4 Auto Quatro Premium Plus with Nav ends lease in September. 29k miles when over with $22k to buyout. Would do it as I love the car but it is using some oil. TB was issued and seal replaced that improvd from 1 qt every 1500 miles or so to now it is just above min with 3.5k miles since the TB was done. Service mgr at dealer said Audi would stand behind engine and would have one year warranty left so recommends I buy it out.

Recommendations to: buy it, walk away or buy it but take out extended service contract? Thank you.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Don't think you can't negotiate just because it is a lease buyout. If you don't buy, it just goes to the lot, or auction and whoever gives the most $$ gets it. Only difference is that the keys are already in your hand during negotiations so they think that is to their benefit. If you are under mileage, that is a bargaining position, usually toward the vehicle value. Drive it right up to the limit. Just be sure you are prepared to walk away.

If not this vehicle would you get another A4?

How much is it worth to know the vehicle history from day 1? Yes you have the TB for the seal, but getting in to another vehicle there is that huge unknown, even if it is a new vehicle.

Extended service contracts are very marginal. If you have another year after the buyout that will be plenty to know if the TB fix holds up and develops into anything more. And it gives you time to decide if you want to add the extended contract before it expires.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

you are at the steep side of the depreciation curve on that one. Plus, if you have never owned an Audi outside of warranty get ready to get hammered. Audi dealers and service are absurdly expensive with no mercy and the cars are quirky with many little things going wrong. I can't believe Audi would build such POS cars that have so many little problems. Yes, I am a frustrated owner of a nice (when running and driving well) A4.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
2nd Gear

Price doesn't seem to bad. I checked in my area and used A4s with 30k miles are asking high $20k to low $30k. Even with negotiating you would hard pressed to get to the $22k on yours. If you love the car than keep. Sounds like the oil issue has been cured, but keep an eye on it. Not sure if this is possible but you might see if they can CPO the car for you. That would extend the warrenty out. Would cost you a few thousand extra I bet, but would be Audi warrenty not aftermarket.

I have a 2008 that just cracked 102k miles and have had zero issues with it. My oil consumption runs about a quart every 4 to 5k miles which is about when I change the oil anyhow. I am doing the timeing belt job next month myself and figure to spend about $500 replacing various items (plugs, coil packs, trans service, brakes etc...)

Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Banned

Hi dear My husband and I rented from a apartment complex in the Denver Metro Area, last June. (Eagles Landing off of Church Ranch Blvd. owned by Asher Investments) We were unable to move into our apartment on June 1st,07 due, to the apt. complex saying that they needed to fix the apartment....