Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emblems

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005 | 03:18 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default RE: emblems

damn, anodized black would be sweet. it's a shame those aren't interchangeable parts.

Old 03-03-2005 | 05:34 PM
|
2nd Gear

so has NO ONE removed the center badge from the trunk?? you guys love those rings i guess, huh?

Old 03-03-2005 | 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

i was thinking about doing it but the Center one's stay because they kinda stand out from 1.8 and a4

Old 03-03-2005 | 07:08 PM
Site Moderator

Krule what are you talkin about, man? 1.8 vs the a4? what?

The car just looks odd with no badging whatsoever on the rear. I've seen it done and it seesm to give the car a ricey look.

Old 03-03-2005 | 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

no not 1.8 vs a4 i'm talking about both of them being taken off

Old 03-03-2005 | 07:59 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BFlan2001

i know, it would look so beautiful if it were black, but that's definitely a task and a half. i'll have to wait until i've got a whole day free to *** with that one. i was looking at those for a looong time, i absolutely love those headlights, but from what i've heard they are notorious for fogging, and i don't want that to happen. i do love the look though.
i've heard that too, but resealing em yourself fixes that.
you could also grab someones one piece (not ecodes) and do a DIY job. it's not that hard, you just have to be brave, i'll be doing it to my ranger's projectors. oven bake the headlight to melt the glue.. take off the lense... take out the housing, paint it black (take out the amber lense while ur at it) and seal it back up. you'd be the first one I've seen.

Old 03-03-2005 | 08:30 PM
|
2nd Gear

check, i like the sound of that alot. do you know anyone that's used the oven technique?? i could definitely do that, if i can get some feedback from someone who'd done it that'd be great. one piece black housing headlights would be....gangster.

Old 03-04-2005 | 06:17 AM
|
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals
by the way... should probably straighten out your pipes there dude. with no chrome to grab u your exhaust is drawing a lot of attention.

what do you think about throwing some black rims with a chrome lip on there?
i got under my car today and the pipes are fine. it's just the angle of that photo that makes em look crooked.

i tend to like most black rims on black cars, but the chrome lip i'm not really in to.

Old 03-07-2005 | 03:52 PM
|
2nd Gear

ok, i got the center badge off a couple nights ago and i have some advice for anyone debadgeing their car....dental floss is completely useless! i used thread for the outer badges and it worked better. i ended up getting some 10lb fishing line and using it on the center. fishing line is by far the best tool to remove your badges.

someone needs to make black oe quality audi badges!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2005 | 04:03 PM
4th Gear

just paint the badge... and tape/glue it back on.

as for the oven headlights, headover to 'the zine' and drop EVIL-AUDI a PM EVIL-AUDI's profile
I'm pretty sure I talked to him about it, and that's how he did his.

Quick Reply: emblems