Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005 | 01:44 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: emblems

Can't remember, what year do you have?

Old 03-02-2005 | 09:36 PM
|
2nd Gear

alright guys, as you can see from the pics i've been posting i've got the two outer badges off my car, it only took a few minutes to do each one. and i didn't even have floss, i had to use thread that broke every few strokes. now i've got floss, and i've been sawing at this center badge for about 20-30 minutes with absolutely no progress. are you guys sure there's no posts on that one?? i really don't want to take it off if i'm gonna have holes in my ****. has anyone here removed the center rings?

i know most of you guys are totally against it, but i'm gonna do it. i bought one of those german flag badges that i'm gonna put...tell me if you guys think this looks good.....(i cleaned it up a little..)

Old 03-02-2005 | 09:50 PM
4th Gear

meh? i always liked having the audi badge on there. what about painting the audi rings black and gluing it back on? that'd look pretty slick, and it wouldn't have all that... negative space... if u know what that means.

german flag is alright, if u like it, go ahead. it doesn't look bad, you're not hurting your cars looks with it

Edit: by the way... should probably straighten out your pipes there dude. with no chrome to grab u your exhaust is drawing a lot of attention.
lol, do what i'm doing, grab some cheap muffler tips off ebay... and paint em black

love your car by the way, my modding is the same as yours... as black as possible. what do you think about throwing some black rims with a chrome lip on there?

Old 03-02-2005 | 09:55 PM
6th Gear

have you taken a blow dryer to it? That should help loosen it up.

Old 03-02-2005 | 10:13 PM
|
2nd Gear

jest, yea, i've got a heat gun that i've been using. i got it pretty hot. it's really strange, maybe i'm hitting some kind of lip on the emblem that doesn't necessarily go into the bod,. it doesn't feel like i'm getting anywhere with it.

check, you're totally right about the exhaust, i'm gonna fix that within the next few days. i like the black rings look, i was actually considering it for a while. but i don't know how well the paint will adhere to that chrome plating. also, cutting out the 3m tape into the shape of those rings would be pretty tough. once it's on there, if the paint starts chipping, i'll have to do everything over again.

btw, check, do you have the 1.8 or 2.8? the only chrome i can't get off my car is the window trimming, i absolutely hate it. everyone's told me that it's not removeable though, so i guess i'm just gonna have to get over it.

Old 03-02-2005 | 11:40 PM
6th Gear

yes the window trim is not going anywhere.

Old 03-03-2005 | 12:03 AM
4th Gear

lol, oddly enough, i don't even have an audi... yet...
just sit down one night with ur audi rings, some fine grit sandpaper, and throw on some 'family guy' and rough up hte audi rings a bit. it's just shiny plastic, it should be very easy. then the paint will adhere no problem. i wouldn't tape it, you'd be able to tell it's taped, it will pucker and stuff.

for the window trim, sand and paint. sure it'll take a while, but if u want it, just do it. sand down the entire window trim, then do a REALLY good job taping everything off, then just spray it. if u rough up hte chrome enough, it will stick. primer, paint, and clearcoat on sanded chrome should be fine.

Old 03-03-2005 | 12:32 AM
1st Gear

Do the emblems come off the same way on all audis....I have a 2000 a4 1.8TQ tip If I can get them off with fishingline and a hairdryer let me know...no holes??

thanks

-T-

Old 03-03-2005 | 12:33 AM
6th Gear

yes....no holes. The only ones that have holes are the 96-98 jellybean audi logo under the turnsignal.

Old 03-03-2005 | 12:36 AM
1st Gear

does this fishingline hairdryer trick work for all audis?? I have a 2000 a4 1.8TQ tip...

can I remove my back emblems too??? no holes??

-T-

Quick Reply: emblems