Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Driving Gloves

OK I wasn't so sure where to post this, since it's not a car accessory per-se it doesn't seem to belong in any particular forum… so since I'm driving an A4, I figured I'd post it here ;-)

I was thinking of getting some driving gloves for longer drives in the car. I think because of the increased performance over my previous car, I find myself gripping the wheel a bit tighter than I ever have before. The car feels like it always wants to go faster and I almost have to hold her back… silly maybe, but let me live in my little fantasy OK? ;-)

Anyway after about an hour of driving I noticed that my hands get pretty tired. I thought perhaps driving gloves for those longer trips might be nice. And, they could come in handy for those days when I really want to push through the corners, too… get a little extra grip on the steering wheel.

So, any recommendations on brand or style? I know I want black to match the black leather interior of the car, but that's about where my decisions stop. I came across this website, http://www.onlygloves.com which has a nice selection, and I'll email them this same question. I wanted to see what your guys' thoughts were!

Thanks,
-Joseph

Old 02-08-2007, 06:54 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Driving Gloves

lol i have no idea and im not toooo sure that anyone else will either lol.... i have never even thought about driving gloves, maybe they would make long trips less stressful on the hands?? hmmmm

Old 02-08-2007, 11:29 AM

I rocka pair of H&Mdriving gloves. Given it is the winter so they feel great right now, dont know if I will ever wear them once it gets warmer out. I have however had some suprising compliments on them from girls so hey if that keeps up maybe I wont take them off.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:57 PM
4th Gear

I use a pair of $15 mechanic gloves that i bought from Menards before doing a move job. They work great cause they are very tight and flexible with rubber finger tips. In the summer i highly doubt i be using them though. I cant say they stop fatigue either since i have not had it yet with or with-out them.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear

Gloves???? Have you taken up a second job as The Transporter?

Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
4th Gear

is your new car a vintage ferrari ?

no gloves nessecary... just chilll

Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

I have a pair of simple leather gloves that I bought at Danier that I use everyday because it's friggin cold up here in Canada and I like my hands to be warm.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Haha the TRANSPORTER!! Yeah I think I will start wearing nice italian suits everywhere I drive, along with the gloves for the true transporter look. Along with the rotating license plate mod.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

lol, thats all

Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Site Moderator

hahaha.... driving gloves....
Never heard of hands getting tired from driving... Maybe youre trying too hard?
Thats like putting hiking boots onfor when you walk up stairs.
If you dont have an A4 specific question, just put it in off topic.
Anyway... Disregard any previous statements about chicks digging driving gloves... It just cant be true, and i refuse to ever believe that.

Quick Reply: Driving Gloves