Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive by wire car

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: drive by wire car

Its like an F-16. When they turn the stick there are no cables or mechanical linkages. Its all electronic

Old 01-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Pson

ITs what move the TB the older cars have a wire the newer ones use a icm controled (not 100% icm or not) but the dirve by wire has slower pick up then non drive by wires cars. If you have a B5 Drive by wire B6 you do not
Please dont clog the fourms up with information that is false, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. That goes for you too, tooextreme. Damn. ndbw throtle bodies can be adjusted/aligned. DAMN.
MEMBERS:
If you arent 100% positive about the advice you are lending to other members, then just dont say anything at all. Not only does it make you look bad, it makes the entire site less reputable.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 AM
4th Gear

The throttle is electronically controlled. when you plant the gas pedal, a signal is sent to the ecu which in turns operate as a motor which works the throttle body. not really a fan of this but so far its reliable on my car.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: Pson

ITs what move the TB the older cars have a wire the newer ones use a icm controled (not 100% icm or not) but the dirve by wire has slower pick up then non drive by wires cars. If you have a B5 Drive by wire B6 you do not
Please dont clog the fourms up with information that is false, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. That goes for you too, tooextreme. Damn. ndbw throtle bodies can be adjusted/aligned. DAMN.
MEMBERS:
If you arent 100% positive about the advice you are lending to other members, then just dont say anything at all. Not only does it make you look bad, it makes the entire site less reputable.

Im not trying to start something, but how was the info i gave false? This is what i found on it...

"Like modern aircraft, the accelerator on some Audi models works on the "drive-by-wire" principle. Drive-by-wire throttle interprets pedal input from the driver and automatically adjusts the throttle, turbo boost and ignition timing to deliver incredible response."

Here is the link where i got it...Is this info not accurate? http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/t..._throttle.html

And here is a little info on F-16. I know that this talks about turning and maneuverability, but it has the same principals of the audi’s drive by wire system.

“The pilot has excellent flight control of the F-16 through its "fly-by-wire" system. Electrical wires relay commands, replacing the usual cables and linkage controls. For easy and accurate control of the aircraft during high G-force combat maneuvers, a side stick controller is used instead of the conventional center-mounted stick. Hand pressure on the side stick controller sends electrical signals to actuators of flight control surfaces such as ailerons and rudderâ€
http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=103

Old 01-07-2007, 01:10 AM
4th Gear

mudpuppu 94, I doesnt look like he was talking about you, I dont see him mentioning anything you said, or quoting your post.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: mudpuppu_94

Its like an F-16. When they turn the stick there are no cables or mechanical linkages. Its all electronic
Only the throttle is electronically controlled.