Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door locks and alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Door locks and alarm problem

Well guys the door locks on my car are fecked up really bad. I went out last night to go to the store and my doors wouldn't unlock, so I had to use the key to manually open the door. The doors keep locking and unlocking themselves, the dome light will come on and off, the rear 2 windows have rolled themselves down once, the alarm goes off for no apparent reason for about a minute then quits, the little "beep" that it makes when you lock the doors beeps like 10 times in a row locking the doors then unlocks them, I can't get into my trunk whatsoever. I'm absolutely pissed. What kind of **** is this? Absolue worst electrical system I think I've ever seen. Of course I couldn't get it into the dealer today so I have to wait until tomorrow, we'll see how long this lasts. Anybody else had any problems? Can I just unhook my battery lead so the alarm won't go off randomly in the middle of the night (I live in an apartment complex) and then just reconnect it tomorrow before I go to the dealer? Thanks.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Door locks and alarm problem

I just went and pulled off the positive battery lead. The alarm went on a rampage, it was going off every 2 minutes. I think the entire locking system computer has gone to hell, I can hear it in the trunk clicking and doing all sorts of weird ****. The car also sent all 4 of my windows down simultaneously but now that I have the battery undone at least it can't do that. So, with the battery now disconnected I haven't heard anything out of it for abour 20 minutes, I think I'm in the clear for today. Am I going to have any problems re-hooking the positive lead? Will the engine ECU freak out and not let me start the car?