Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does it really matter which intake on my 2.8l ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Does it really matter which intake on my 2.8l ?

Before some of you non-coffee drinking hipocrits start flaming and throwing the link to search out there, I have already done so. I found it very useful.

I realize my V6 is pretty well pegged out without dropping 6k for a charger but I definitely want to do an air intake and a cat back system to give it some increase and sound. My question is for those 12v owners that have went one way or the other on the intakes... I found a few off ebay but really wanted to know are they cheap and will I notice a difference at all spending the extra 100.00 to pick up the K & N intake.

vs.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Does it really matter which intake on my 2.8l ?

get the cheap intakes off ebay.. just make sure you get a quality K&N cone filter for it.. dont use the cheap cone filters that come with the ebay kits.. they arent worth a damn..

$20 for ebay intake
$40 for K&N CONE filter
----------
$60 not bad at all

Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

oh ya.. sorry i didnt get a chance to make it out for drinks last night.. i didnt sleep at all tuesday night... so after being up for like 30+ hours .. i crashed hard at 5pm yesterday and didnt wake up till 7:30 am this morning.. lol

Old 05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A4 the Quattro

oh ya.. sorry i didnt get a chance to make it out for drinks last night.. i didnt sleep at all tuesday night... so after being up for like 30+ hours .. i crashed hard at 5pm yesterday and didnt wake up till 7:30 am this morning.. lol

No worries. Meehans is a sweet irish pub down in Vinings we chill at a lot. Thanks for the feedback on the intake. My guys are doing the oil filter housing and valve gaskets today and so I'll probably order the intake next week once I know I don't have any other major leaks on her.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:17 PM
2nd Gear

nice .. ya i responded in your other post about that.. if you ever have a valve cover gasket leak.. dont pay a shop.. its a pretty simple DIY job .. good luck...

Old 05-11-2006, 02:27 PM
5th Gear

ebay intakes and even k&n intakes will cause your car to run pretty hot unless you get a really good heat shield for them...k&n has a 'pro kit' or something like that that includes a heat shield...evoms makes probably the best one, but its expensive. you can also mod your stock airbox, but i'm sure you already know all about that, since you already searched.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

ebay intakes and even k&n intakes will cause your car to run pretty hot unless you get a really good heat shield for them...k&n has a 'pro kit' or something like that that includes a heat shield...evoms makes probably the best one, but its expensive. you can also mod your stock airbox, but i'm sure you already know all about that, since you already searched.
That's good to know, I'll have to make sure to pick one up with the kit. yea, I read the tutorial on the DIY airbox mod from A4 the Quattro, he's local here to me. I got a bartering deal on the valve gaskets and the lower oil filter housing so I jumped on it... hopefully he'll have it done by tomorrow and I can get the intake on there this weekend sometime. Preciate the feedback.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear

its not going to be as big of a deal for you .. b/c you aren't turbo'd .. intakes are worthless on the 1.8T b/c the sit directly beside the turbo and the heat is super intense..

yes EVO MS makes probably one of the best ones ive seen.. but paying so much for an intake that really doesnt do much anyway.. is a waste of money IMO.. buy an ebay intake and slap on a k&n cone filter .. spend $60 and call it a day..

and ya man.. i can help with whatever.. just let me know.. im always available during the day.. i bartend like 4-5 nights a weeks but never usually go in before 5

Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
3rd Gear

the ebay intake is definately worth the money. good sound. thats all an intake is for anyways

Old 05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Bip
1st Gear

Does anyone know where i can just buy a heat shield??...thanks

Quick Reply: Does it really matter which intake on my 2.8l ?