Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

YOU may regret that you cant mod yours that much, but I dont regretpurchasing mineone bit. and 3.0's hardly break down and if it was taken care of the first 67,000 miles by your unlce you should have little to no problems at all.

i wonder how many of your friends who told you this have actually owned an audi or just heard from a friend of a friend that they suk and break down all the time

Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM
1st Gear

I don't regret my purchase either. I bought my wife a 2006 BMW 3-Series (E90) and it's a GREAT car. Probably the finest on the market but I decided to go a different route and get an A4 1.8t. I still love looking at her BMW in the garage but the feeling I get out of driving the A4 is just a feeling you have to have. Besides, I'd rather look like an even bigger ***** having a BMW and Audi in the garage [sm=alcoholic.gif]

I would honestly pass on the 3.0 and look for a 1.8t. More mods and 500 bucks will get you flashed (REVO) and kick the snot out of the 3.0

Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM

I love my 3.0 B6. There's not a lot you can do to modify it for more power except for a Neuspeed Chip and an exhaust, but the 3.0 already has a good strong motor. I bought my A4 so that I could commute in comfort and style. My TT is my boy racer. That's where I'mgonna dump the upgrade money.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I fell in love with my B5 the second I saw it, fell in love again when I drove it, tried to hang myself when it came to actually buying it, and nearly had a heart attack when I did an oil change. Granted, I used to drive a Chevy Cavalier which could go for 5000+ miles on **** for oil so, the virtually doubled cost of an oil change made me go "holy f*ck" more than once, but you get over it. I know I did.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
4th Gear

No regrets here.

Funnest DD I have ever owned. I'm keeping this one until it dies, and even then, sh*t, I just may have to find another engine to put back in it, I so love this car.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

Do I regret buying MY Audi? Yes, actually I do. Only because I should have taken a closer look at what was wrong with it when I bought it. I bought it privatly from some kid who didn't know what he had or was just to much of a wuss to care. So after spending many hours and money getting parts from the dealer and installing them its a kind of bitter sweet deal. Every time I see another Audi like mine I get jealous because I know If I had been mure particular and patient in buyingmy audi I could have used all the other money towards modifications that I spent planning out for so long.

Will I buy another Audi? Of course, probably certified pre-owned from a dealer this time but it will be worth every penny. Good thing you know the guy your buying it from though, that way if something comes up you didn't expect you can at least phone him up and bitch cause its not like you won't be seeing him again. lol.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

I don't reget buy the audi but the only thing i reget is that audi tuner seen is not that big on the west coast so geting parts and mods for a car is retarted... thanks to friends at gmgraciong.com in LA and hypersport in San Diego... but yeah getting parts and getting work done if your not doing it your self sucks... but i just finaly finished stage1 of 3 stages of my audi and im so glad to have my 97 1.8t quattro... its sorta of on hold until i get to back from a deployment to the golf from virgina...

Old 04-10-2007, 05:09 AM
2nd Gear

i feel in love with the b5 a4's when i did car stereo theft replacement for insurance companies i work on a miltary guys 2001 a4 and it was sweet looking and he demanded that i took it with me out to lunch so i did and i was in heaven so i had to have one but at the time they where alittle out of my price range but when i got a better jobs and wanted to get rid of my 92 civic si the first thing that came to mind was that 01 a4 so all i looked for was an a4 in black and when i found just what i wanted i had to have it. the only reget i have is not buying an audi is that i didn't do my homework first and didn't know about all the different motor codes and that the 99.5's are the best to mod but i love the car i got and would not trade it in for anything less then a rs4 or a rs6.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Once in a while I complain about how expensive to own an Audi but overall, no regrets!! I love the car.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

No because I got a great price on my 2.8 Quattro. Hada few probs that my mechanic friend fixed and not too expensive at all.

However one prob, (weak key signal to immoboliser) had to got to Audi. Wait for it......... Audi charge £110 an hour which is circa $200. Cost me £350 bones for 2 damn keys and a new barrell.

Lesson to be learnt, avoid any cars with probs only Audi can fix and stay the hell away from Audidealer repairsat all costs!

But yes, the car is sweet as a nut

Quick Reply: Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?