Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

I am pretty excited that I should be getting a 2003 A4, 3.0 6 Speed by the end of April. So naturally I have been telling family members/friends this, and they all seem to have the same reaction. “Ohh nice, but you know the problem with those is that they break down a lot and cost tons to repair”. Now first off let me say this car has 67,000 miles and I know the history, it was owned by my Uncle and he is meticulous about his cars and keeps them well maintained so that is not a concern. Are these people just uniformed and jealous? Or are Audi’s really that expensive to maintain and own? I understand that certain repairs will cost more than they do on a Civic, but that is the trade off of driving a nicer car.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Default RE: Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

I don't regret my purchase at all. German cars, in general, will cost more to maintain than your average Japanese car. The reason people say that Audis cost alot to repair, is because the owners don't know how to fix the cars themselves, and they end up taking the car to a dealership, even for minor repairs. That's where it starts getting expensive, letting the dealer do all the work. Yes, Audis will have their share of problems, but it's just like any other car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. As far as maintenance goes, if you DIY, you will save tons of money. I would say go for it.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
4th Gear

they are a bit more work... but well worth the quirks for such a nice car

you will always get that reaction, when you tell people about your audi

Old 04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
4th Gear

What kind of problems has this car had in the past that fam. would make that kind of comment?

I dont regret my purchase 1 bit, and agree with what the other's have said above.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?

everytime I hear my wife complain about our bank account...

Old 04-09-2007, 02:25 PM
2nd Gear

^haha love the comment!

NO way I love my audi. More expensive nice car... more expensive nice parts. But thats the trade off, your getting something nice so you gotta pay for it. Plus this gives those people an excuse to make themselves feel better when they see you and your sweet car!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
1st Gear

definitely don't regret it at all! i don't believe audi's break down more than any other car out there...because they're european you'll pay basically twice as much for parts as an american car. but then again, american cars are basically **** once they reach like 75k, everything starts to shake and rattle....

if you have a taste for european cars, you'll love every minute....

LampyB.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

everytime my wife complains about how much money I spend fixing my car I remind her that I still spend less than she does on her car payment.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
1st Gear

Love my Audi. No regrets!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

I got the same reaction when i first told peopleI got an Audi. granted I'm coming from a Dodge Intrepid that I probably would have gotten rid of a LOT sooner if I had to pay someone to fix all the stuff wrong with it. The Audi is more complex and I'd lie if I said I wasn't worried about it at all. But everytime I drive it and feel how smooth and comfortable it is I remember why it's worth it.

Mike

Quick Reply: Do you regret buying/owning an Audi?