Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do NOT get a Revo Chip.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Do NOT get a Revo Chip.

no offense but ant chip can put strain on the rest of your components causing them to go bad. That's one of the hazards of chipping. The dealer sounds like a tool though. He can't charge you for all those hours of work if the job should only take at the mose 45 minutes. Next time make sure you get a quote in writing first before you have the work done then it can take him until next week and he will only be able to charge you for what he quoted you. I don't use Revo but I highly doubt that is there fault a crappy dealer is installing their stuff.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: EVOLA4

no offense but ant chip can put strain on the rest of your components causing them to go bad. That's one of the hazards of chipping.
Only the turbo, how is it gonna put additional strain on the electrical componets? The coil packs are designed to handle spark well over 20 psi in the combustion chamber so 15 psi isn't gonna make the coil packs get any more electrical current through them causing them to burn out.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm make believe

last time i checked, people making well over 300 and 400 whp still use stock coilpacks with chiped tunes .

Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

while were talking about coilpacks...

whats the diff between L.. R.. and E coil packs?

I've been reading on zine, and they are scared sh#$less about their coils failing. So, i was about to order some hitachi's, but then it said E style coil packs.
Can someone elaborate the meaning of the letters?

Thank you.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i was on stock coils

Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: kolan67

while were talking about coilpacks...

whats the diff between L.. R.. and E coil packs?

I've been reading on zine, and they are scared sh#$less about their coils failing. So, i was about to order some hitachi's, but then it said E style coil packs.
Can someone elaborate the meaning of the letters?

Thank you.
They are just up-dated models of coil packs, but they all suck. The company that makes them are on crack or something that they can't make a decent long lasting coil.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm make believe

The Hitachi ones are far better than the Bremi push down packs. I still have stock packs on my car and its at 105k miles.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Site Moderator

Chips dont kill coil packs. Its a crazy coincidence.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

i put the old style hitachi "e" coilpacks on right before i got flashed... because they are known to go out with the additional strain from the chip... not because of REVo and by your own admittance, they were not an authorized REVo rep so i wonder how they even got the software???

i think u are passing the wrong blame...

and the L and R versions that come on B6s are the newer style... with R being the latest revision without a recall... the hitachi E coils are actually the old style designed for the b5s.. Es bolt down as well and are not even remotely prone to failure

Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Papachristou

i put the old style hitachi "e" coilpacks on right before i got flashed... because they are known to go out with the additional strain from the chip...
not sure if your repeating or actually thinking that is true after its already been shown to be not true and expressed in this thread

Quick Reply: Do NOT get a Revo Chip.