Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do I really need quattro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: do I really need quattro?

I'd help you out, but I am still under original warranty. Call the local dealer and talk to the service manager...they tell you what they charge for the schedule services. You can use that as a guidline.

I think your buy vs lease a new car or buy or lease a CPO car is really mostly a finacial decision. The positive of staying with your current car is that you know the service history and you know how well you have maintained it. Balance that against additional costs of new or cpo and any upgrades in performance/features that the newer cars may have.

Oh..and I am with everyone else on the quattro...I'd stay withit. FWD with snow tires will work in most situations, but quattro will give you more margin of safety + margin of fun (can't put a price on that) cause you can do more in less than ideal circumstances.

good luck...

Old 02-23-2006, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

Yes U need quattro

Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

I may be mistaken, but with quatro you get independent suspension in the rear for the summer twisties. Probably a lot less torque steer also.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:42 AM
2nd Gear

i can barely drive in a straight line when it rains! It's real bad. Thfwd and no type of traction control. I use 75% gas in the rain and i'll do a full burnout. Why don't you buy your car when the lease is over?

Old 02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
5th Gear

Asking if you need Quattro is like asking if you need Air to breath

Old 02-24-2006, 02:47 AM
2nd Gear

if u live where there is always snow..........YES

Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear

or if you live where there is never snow...then YES!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Asking if you need Quattro is like asking if you need Air to breath
I'm not sure if I should buy it out because of the km that I drive. I put on approx 35,000km/yr... over 3 years that's 100,000km! I'm paying extra for 11,000 additional km/yr so that I don't have to come up with the $ at the end of the lease (20 cents/km or whatever stupid amount it is)

Since Audi's have 4yr/80,000km FREE maintenance, I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to lease a new one, vs. having to pay for things that might go wrong with cars over 100,000km.

Thoughts...

Old 03-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Last Place - just "necause"

ORIGINAL: FezA4
now that the warranty is over were just waiting for the day that something breaks, rips, cracks, warps..... anything.
As long as you keep up with the maintenance you should be fine. The biggest part is the changing the oil all the time. You would be surprised at how just doing this extends the life of your car. These car are built seemly good and I'm glad for it.

I'm sure people will fill you in on there experiences. I hear once the warranty goes up, unless your a mechanic, your paying a hefty bill every time you need something done to the car.
Take a good look at that bill. Most of the costs are labor charges. Parts usually aren't that expensive and if you can DIY you will save even more. I'm one of the lucky ones that really doesn't need to work on his car as I have a friend that does this type of thing all the time.

The only thing I goto the stealership for is the regular 10,000 mile maintenance. I do this just so it is recorded that the maintenance has been preformed by an Authorized Dealer. Half of the costs is labor charge.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Last Place - just "necause"

ORIGINAL: dmpp
I'm not sure if I should buy it out because of the km that I drive. I put on approx 35,000km/yr...
I drive that in miles a year.

over 3 years that's 100,000km! I'm paying extra for 11,000 additional km/yr so that I don't have to come up with the $ at the end of the lease (20 cents/km or whatever stupid amount it is)
I look at it this way. If you buy the car then you can place what you save in the bank for that day when you have a repair. The money you save should be well worth it. I never did like leasing cars. Its like paying for something you will never own. Same idea as that home rent-to-own BS. You'll live in the house but you'll never own it at that rate.

Since Audi's have 4yr/80,000km FREE maintenance, I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to lease a new one, vs. having to pay for things that might go wrong with cars over 100,000km.

Thoughts...
As I stated before most of the cost for maintenance are the labor charges. If you can DIY then you will save a lot. Keep up the maintenance and your repair bills will be low if any.

Quick Reply: do I really need quattro?