Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY TP and DP

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default DIY TP and DP

im getting a pipe bender for x-mas, and i already am pretty experienced at welding.

so im thinking of making my own TP.....from flanges to bumgs and everything....im just wondering if you guys have any idea where i could get new flanges for the TP (turbo and down-pipe flange)...i dont wanna use the old ones, and better yet id like to be able to do a 3" TP, and i have no idea where to get the new flanges.

and what are some idea of how to get the bends correct?...i was thinking of pulling the whole exhaust and bending the downpipe and testpipe by eye, then putting the exhaust back on and mock up the tp and dp then modify and tack on...then remove and fully weld.

any better ideas?, or does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the tp and dp for the bends and what not?

Thank you

Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: DIY TP and DP

The flanges should be available at atpturbo, but no garentee on that. You should also use the stock peice as a templet for your measurements

Old 11-27-2007, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

k, thanks....but its kinda hard to measure the stock cat and its bends....that thing looks like it has 4 bends, but i know it couldnt.

do you think it will be hard if i just take my time with it?, b/c im wanting to do the dp asweel, b/c my custom exhaust is welded to the stock dp which my custom exhaust is 2.5"

one thing i was thinking was...maybe doing one continuous TP...like one pipe from the turbo to the exhaust(eliminating th DP flange....but im not sure..

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

and ATP doesnt have those

any idea who else might?

and any suggestions on my DIY?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM
1st Gear

atp just has the 3 bolt....which i guess i could use that same flange for tp and dp..

but i wouldnt know what to do for the 3in to 2.5in stepdown..

Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

you should be able to get the flanges from 034 motorsport. they sell products that let you select the flange you want to put on, so they should have them.

ORIGINAL: 1.8TK3MP

k, thanks....but its kinda hard to measure the stock cat and its bends....that thing looks like it has 4 bends, but i know it couldnt.
i dont remember my cat having 4 bends. i think it only had 1.

do you think it will be hard if i just take my time with it?, b/c im wanting to do the dp asweel, b/c my custom exhaust is welded to the stock dp which my custom exhaust is 2.5"

one thing i was thinking was...maybe doing one continuous TP...like one pipe from the turbo to the exhaust(eliminating th DP flange....but im not sure..
u mean something like this...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

ya...kinda...but that doesnt look like its the same as our 1.8t's

and where should i get the pipe from... i should use SS pipe.. correct?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:44 PM
5th Gear

actually it is for the 1.8T, designed to fit the 034 headers. i think its upside down. and its missing the flange to connect to the turbo in the pic because they allow you to choose between like 5 different flanges to put on

Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

well they dont sell the individual flanges...maybe if i call them they might be able to work something out.

but should i use stainless pipe?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
5th Gear

yeah i would say call them or contact Issam (Wizard-of-OD at Audizine or Vortex) He could definitely help you out.

and yeah i would use stainless