Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY clear corners (one piece)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Site Moderator
Default DIY clear corners (one piece)

How many of you have actualy done this?? Is it a major PITA??? Seems like it would be from the write up on AZ or AW wherever i saw it.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Default RE: DIY clear corners (one piece)

its not that bad took a bit of time to pry the lens from the corner that was about it

Old 01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: clconversion

its not that bad took a bit of time to pry the lens from the corner that was about it
What about taking out the orange part of the turn signal?? Cutting it appart from the inside and getting it all out is the part that seems like the pita.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear

It was actually not that hard to do, once you get the orange piece free, just use a new needle nose pliers and brake it into small bits, just don't scratch the chrome. But when you are done, DO NOT drop the light onto the driveway as you are walking up to the car to put it back on![:@] It was about a 4 beer job.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kellya4

It was actually not that hard to do, once you get the orange piece free, just use a new needle nose pliers and brake it into small bits, just don't scratch the chrome. But when you are done, DO NOT drop the light onto the driveway as you are walking up to the car to put it back on![:@] It was about a 4 beer job.
Haha... I love that.. a 4 beer job... Im going to open up a shop and determine my labor rates by how many beers i can down by the time it takes to finish the job. So it takes what, about 2 hours or so?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

"So let's see here.....timing belt on a 2.8, geez that's gonna be a case and a half to do that job." Yeah, it took about 3 hours to do the clear corners, but you will love the results. When i was freeing the orange plastic lens, i didn't drill them out as the directions said, i used a coat hanger and heated it up to melt the three plastic tabs free, it makes a much smaller hole. If you are careful, the hole where the tab was will be very small.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:11 PM

wtf 3 hours I did mine in half that but I guess like you said you heated up a coat hanger suck the headlight in the freezer wow to much

Old 01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

What freezer? I said when i was FREEING the orange lens. I just didn't want to drill a larger hole, so i melted it. It was a nice day, and i had a little beer left.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 PM

freeing sorry my bad

Old 01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
2nd Gear

All of those little mods take a little more time w/ a three year too. She didn't seem as interested in the clear corners as i was, but i love sidewalk chalk.

Quick Reply: DIY clear corners (one piece)