Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Dead Battery

2001 A4 Q

The wife was driving to work and the car died. I went to see what it was and it would not keep running after I would take the jumper cables off. OK, it's the alternator. I had a new one installed and everything was fine, for about 2 days, then it wouldn't start one morning. I jumped it off and it ran fine. Cut it off (after about an hour) and it wouldn't start. Jump it and it runs fine. OK, got a brand new battery. Ran fine that day but the next morning the battery is dead. Put a battery charger on it and charged it all night. This morning, the battery is still dead.

What is going on? ANY ideas would be appreciated. I just am wondering if there is some computer or fuse or something like that I could look for before spending more money to have a shop look at it. I am trying to sell it so of course something like this is going to happen.

Bob