Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang MICE! Your not gonna believe this one...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default Dang MICE! Your not gonna believe this one...

Yeah this is ridiculous, I could not believe it. I was taking off the the plastic accordion thing that goes to my intake box today becuase I was getting to my N75 valve because I installed my MBC, but thats another story. Anyway, I take that thing off and I happened to noticed where that goes down into the airbox it was filled with CAT FOOD!! Yeah, cat food! Do a double take I know... I don't know how long that has been there but it def must have been prohibiting airflow! I mean it was covering up most of the soft filter part that goes into airbox. GEEZ... I took a vacuum to that asap. I don't understand tho, becuase i don't remember leaving my car sit around very long. W/E its taken care of now, so it's all good in the hood!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:04 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Dang MICE! Your not gonna believe this one...

wow, havent heard that one yet, but were did the mce come in.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm make believe

^ same thought. SOmeone on the tt section had mice under his engine cover, NASTY!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
2nd Gear

Thats funny, when i did my Air filter swap i had little acorns in mine. I guess Cat food has got me beat

Old 04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
4th Gear

Catfood..? did another human purposely put that in there.. or do you get drunk and work on da ride

Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM
3rd Gear

Ok I got a similar story - I purchased my car from a farmer, a4 was his college professor wife's car. A few month after I got it I picked up a K&N filter. I went to install it and to my suprise I found the auid filter had been chewed on. A whole corner of the filter was gone and there was a nice little nest in the bottom of the air box. I later found that they had been entering via the air intake from the front of the car(found mouse **** there) The thing that pissed me off most about this situation was, right after I picked up the car I took it to a euro mechanic in town and told him to look it all over head to toe.

Next mouse story
I needed to remove my TIP ECU. Its under the carpet on the passenger side of the car. I pull up the carpet and its a little world of tiny peices of foam sound material. Found a few old turds laying around so I don't think they had been living in the car since I got it. I just had to shake my head.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

Maybe it was a cat?

Shortly after I bought my A4 last year, I gave it a good once-over under the hood, and in the process I pulled the snorkel and found mouse nest bits in the snorkel and airbox. The B6 has the little "snow screen" in the snorkel that kept most of the stuff out of the airbox, but there were some holes in the screen so I had to replace that, and I cleaned all the stuff out, things have been good since. I guess mice have good taste in cars!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

haha, my uncle's old car (is a farmer) had mice chew into the roof of the car, they stored corn in there. So everytime we would take a corner you could hear all the corn roll from side to side

Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Zombie Defense Force

2 weekes after my sister got her a4 bunneis chewed up some of her wireing harness and the low oil sensor wires

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Site Moderator

What do mice have to do with this story??? Messed up... But Im failing to make the connection.

Quick Reply: Dang MICE! Your not gonna believe this one...