Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damp Floor on the Drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 AM
1st Gear
Default Damp Floor on the Drivers side

Hi, I have an 04 A4 Cab, 9k pretty much in immaculate condition.. Only bought it a few weeks ago, anyway, I noticed that under the floor mat, the carpet was very damp... Now before you automatically assume cos its a cab, its roof has had a leak, I will add, there is NO noticable water marks on the softtop... For enough water to drip onto the mat and through to the carpet, I would assume there would be some water marking on the inside of the grey velour. Plus I've been inside the car during a typical Floridan HEAVY rain storm.. No water came through the roof whatsoever. I guess the car is under warranty so I'll end up taking to Audi, but any idea's as to what else it could be? Condensation from the AC making it's way down there? I'm lost....

Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Damp Floor on the Drivers side

I had this happen on my Lexus! It was my evaporation core that had a small crack! I fixed mine withepoxy and held up fine. It was a pain in the *** to get to the Evap core as it is located under the dash and all that has to come out to get to the part. NowI dont know if this is where it is on the A4 butI would almost assume it would be!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Damp Floor on the Drivers side

where in florida are you at?

i had the same problem but mine wasn't a cab. my sunroof drain plug was leaking and allowing water to come in by the pedals. if there's no water marks on the inside of your roof than you can rule out the roof. only other place i can think of that could get the driver's side wet is somewhere in the driver side firewall. did you check behind the driver side seat? cuz thats where the water pooled in my car and you would wana vacuum that out so your carpet doesn't reek

but ya since its still under warranty, make it audi's problem not yours