Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom System Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 03:59 AM
Default Custom System Help

I just bought a 2001 A4 and have a bunch of audio stuff to put in, but apparently they don't make dash kits for this year. Have any of you put an aftermarket head unit in a 2001 or know of anyone who has. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-07-2004, 05:14 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Custom System Help

who says they dont make a 2001 dash kit... I thought they did...? This says it fits, its the same as what I have.

http://www.epinions.com/elec-Accesso...n_Kit_AUD-K610

hey give us a list of what you got there killa...

Old 06-09-2004, 02:02 AM
2nd Gear

Do you have a single DIN or double DIN facory deck? I'm not sure if both were available that year, but I've got a 2000 A4 1.8T Q and had trouble finding an after market double DIN deck myself. What all are you going to put in?

Old 06-21-2004, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

Any update? I have a 2001 A4 as well, and I'm not sure what to do about getting a single DIN deck to fit, and also, what size speakers to get for the front doors. Let me know what you do. THanks!

Old 06-21-2004, 03:41 AM
3rd Gear

nah no update yet like most people he probly looked someplace else or solved his problem but writing back to let us know is to much of a hassle so like always we here at audiforums.com are overworked and under appreciated (cue violins) always selflessly devoteing are time to people we know will never tell us how things turn out...

aah yeah....[8D]

Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 AM
1st Gear

hi actually i haven't but i was in an auto shop for foreign cars that they only usually work on audi, porches and bmw's and the dude said if i wanted to get a head unit i would have to get a custom dash kit to fit the headunit and he told me to buy the an A6 dash kit and cut the top and bottom off of the kit and mold the pieces the the side and then paint the kit what ever ur dash is hope i was a lil help, if you could help me that would be great too i just bought rear deck speakers and an amp and i cant get any sound out of the speakers

Old 08-05-2004, 05:25 AM
1st Gear

hi if you want a new head unit thats only one dim and you have the audi 2 dim you have to get the a6 and cut the sides and then mold the sides that you cut off to the bottom and then paint the kit what ever your dash is, u might want to go to a specializing shop to get that done, if u know anything about setting up and wiring speakers could u help me out i just got deck speakers and there connected to and alpine amp which is hooked up to the stock radio replay if u can help me!

Old 09-16-2006, 01:37 AM

hey guys, this is my first post. anyways, i have my own company, Erik Hughes Auto Electronics. i sell all sorts of items. to answer your question. a company called Metra makes a dash kit for the 01 audi a4. that is the car i have. i would need to call my supplier but, it should be no problem getting it for you if you need it. i am in the process of geting an online store put together. email me if you have any questions. TheRedOne15@yahoo.com

Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 AM
4th Gear

Personaly i would mod the a6 or fiberglass and finish it with some textured semi-gloss.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

Personaly i would mod the a6 kit or fiberglass and finish it with some textured semi-gloss.

Quick Reply: Custom System Help