Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Center Console **PICS **Update*

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Custom Center Console **PICS

airbag exploding in mail truck..

Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

i'm still debating between fiberglass and sheet aluminum for the dash, aluminum would give off too much glare, so fiberglass might be the way to go, or maybe i'll do a compbo, make the top out of fiberglass and cover it with black suade, and then do aluminum vertical part so it matches better... in terms of cupholders, just gotta hold it in your crotch... haha good thing i dont' drink hot coffee.

to answer the never ending question of "why an A4?" its simple, i was originally going to get a '67 mustang and do an autocross/drift setup simply because i knew how to do it after working on the Falken drift mustang, but then i came across a wrecked 1998 A4 2.8L Avant Quattro for $500,

$2,000 later, i got it fixed up perfectly and traded it for my current 1.8T Q sedan with some guy that really wanted a wagon... and now, after spending $6,650 TOTAL from start of the first car to today i have an AWD car, that puts down a decent amount of power, and i can do what ever with it, from timeattack to autocross to rally. And it gives me fun projects to fabricate myself, so far i've done: custom front skid plate, welded the cage to the body (going to add on and make it a full body cage this winter hopefully) cutom seat brakets, light weight aluminum crank pulley and all the other serpentine belt pulleys, interior (dash coming soon), got some wheel spacers on my desk waiting till spring to make a fiberglass wide body fender kit for a wider stance, made my own front sway bar linkage things, the other ones broke, umm there are a few more small things bu can't remember, and much more to come. so yeah thats it so far, saved a butload of money by doing all that myself, clock in a lot of hours though, deff worth it.

-Val

Old 10-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Slut

nice job man... really cool to see someone do what all of us secretly think about all the time... at least i do... as for the rhino lining, i think it would weigh too much and end up cancelling out you weight reduction efforts... and what was wrong with the vent gauge? you said you didnt have anywhere to put it but you could have gone apiller or vent... but what you did is unique and commendable. good job

Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 AM
1st Gear

guys, its being built as a rally car. they are not made to be pretty haha. look at the interiors of WRC cars.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

nice, thats the kind of sig i like to see! haha speaking of WRC, kinda makes me sad that audi is not it in any more

Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 AM
1st Gear

God thats ugly haha

Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: The Russian

nice, thats the kind of sig i like to see! haha speaking of WRC, kinda makes me sad that audi is not it in any more
yeah I know, I really wish they would reconsider entering again. then some after market parts that you and i could use would start coming out haha. maybe even rallyarmor would make some audi mud flaps

Old 11-02-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

haha make your own mudflaps, got some of the material, make sure its fabric reinforced in the middle otherwize it will just fall apart, and then cut it out and bolt it on, no need to spend that much $$$ on mudflaps, let alone wait for them to be made for the market

Old 11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I had been thinking about doing that anyway. Much cheaper. There is no way anything like that would come out any time soon lol

Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 AM

lookin pretty cool man keep up the great work, one of a kind thats the best part about it, and on the fiberglass part, if its a race car then you should probably stick with what your doin maybe just scuff it and paint it to get rid of the glare, fiberglass would weigh more i would think but i guess it all depends on how much you use... either way its great and like i said one of a kind thats why i love it!! keep us updated

Quick Reply: Custom Center Console **PICS **Update*