Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossover locations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Crossover locations?

Hey guys, yes I'm a newbie, just got my Dark Blue '04 A4 B6 this month. Needless to say within the first week I had it APR chipped, windows tintedand installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3. I love them all. The D3 install was a little annoying but after enough forum searching and stubborness I got it in. I replaced my Symphony II and was able to hook it up using the stock connections from the old unit. As it stands now the D3 is powering the front speakers and I have the preouts with an adapter going to the rear speakers because they are controlled by the factory POS amp. The difference between thefront speakers and rear is absurd, the front sound so much better (no surprise there). Anyways, I'd like to just power the rear speakers with the HU as well and probably will just run all new wires but I know i got to split the signal with the crossovers. However, where thehell are they? Are they integrated into the factory amp? (if thats the case that just stinks)

PS. Yes i did search for this, so dont flame me for being anoob and not searching