Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 AM
2nd Gear
Default Crashed my car.

About a month after getting $2500 in body work done to my car, I crashed it. The hood is bent up, bent and cracked the radiator, leaked out all my coolant, and scraped up my bumper. I can't open the hood, so there's obviously some hidden damage. My estimate is probably 5-6k in damage... I'm almost hoping it gets totaled out so I can start over, otherwise once its fixed, I'm going to put it up for sale. Lucky for me I've got full coverage.

I've been dreaming over all sorts of nice cars (E36 M3, Honda S2000, new GTI, etc) but I think I'm just gonna get something to get me around town for now. So this is probably so long to the Audi scene till I can afford to buy one new later down the road.

I'll try and post up pics and the story behind it once the claim is all settled.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Crashed my car.

gg. At least you're thinkin positive

Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 AM
2nd Gear

new gtis are ugly as hell. sorry about your loss though. s2k is a good car to go with if you want to bounce from the german automotive industry. my friend has a s2k with 4k worth of jrz suspension on it. it's ridiuclous.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 AM

Where did you crash it?

Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 AM
1st Gear

you thinking of parting out the car?

Old 05-07-2007, 04:49 AM
2nd Gear

I like the new GTIs, but if I had my way, I'd swap a new rabbit front end onto it. I think the rabbit front looks much better. There is an S4 in my area for sale for $10k, but then again, the turbos on it are probably going to blow pretty soon (2000 S4 with 100k miles).

In the meantime, I actually just got a motorcycle permit last week so I've been riding my brother's Honda Elite 250cc scooter around. Depending on how long the car is going to be out for, my buddy is probably going to let me borrow his BroncoII that does wheelies.

veloracer, the crash happened on a freeway offramp. I'll tell the whole story when its been settled. I will say that thecollision occuredas a resultof a third party that didn't stop at the scene.

less_of_me, if the car gets totaled out, I'm just going to let the insurance company take care of it. While I'm sure I could part it out and make a pretty penny, the hassle of doing so isn't something I have time for with my busy work schedule.

On a side note, one of my friends recommended an evo or sti to stay in the AWD game.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear about your lost nonetheless and on the bright side....you are ok.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Evo = good
STi = bad

The STi understeers like a ****, and everyone has one. The Evo, on the otherhand, is very well balanced and will oversteer very controlably. The Evo has kind of a tricky clutch to get used to, and both of them have ungodly turbo lag to cope with.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Evo = good
STi = bad

The STi understeers like a ****, and everyone has one. The Evo, on the otherhand, is very well balanced and will oversteer very controlably. The Evo has kind of a tricky clutch to get used to, and both of them have ungodly turbo lag to cope with.
I think that

STi = good
Evo = better

is more accurate. the STi is not a "bad" car. for a bad car, refer to hyundai, kia, ford, etc.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
2nd Gear

Update finally.

My insurance company wouldn't even hear my case.

I was exiting the freeway, decelerating from 60mph to about 35-30mph for the offramp, downshifting in case I hit the green. I peek down at my gauge cluster for a moment and see the car in front of my is completely stopped. My ABS hasn't worked in about a year, so I skid into the back of a Lincoln Towncar scraped his bumper just a bit. The reason he was stopped was because the driver in front of him came to a complete stop on the offramp because of a minor bump in the road. The driver of the towncar said he almost hit the other guy becausethe driver in front of hisstopped completely.

Basically it was sort of my fault because I shouldn't have been watching my gauges instead of the road, but at the same time, it wouldn't have happened the the first car hadn't stopped in the middle of a freeway offramp.

I didn't actually look over the entire estimate, but the bumper is being repainted/blended, the hood is being replaced, new grill, new radiator, new coolant, and some other odds and ends. Possibly headlights because the clips were broken, not sure how that is handled.

The car was set to be done next week on monday, but since I told the guy at the body shop I've been driving a Honda Elite 250cc scooter, he said he will pull some strings and get it done sunday.

Quick Reply: Crashed my car.