Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my Audi today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Crashed my Audi today...

I had an accident with my 1999.5 A4 Quattro Sport today. Ironiclly, it happened as I was driving to church Luckily both me and the other guy were fine. He was driving a 4 door Geo Prism and sustained no damage. My Audi was not quite so fortunate. Front bumper mashed, hood & grill pushed in, radiator hosed! (Rear ended other guy after he abruptly stopped) Air bags did not deploy. After the accident, coolant was everywhere. I was so sad to give my Audi keys to the tow truck driver and see him load my baby up on the truck and drive away. Have full issuance coverage on car and called the police and trying to do everything legit.

First, wondering if the damage my car sustained could be considered totaled. Secondly, I am trying to find out the cost of an S4 bumper versus an OEM Audi a4 bumper, the cost of a new hood and cost of the front grill and radiator (possibly radiator fans). Also if anyone knows the cost of painting hood and bumper, that would be nice to know. I was able to drive it to the side of the road but of course the Coolant temp warning came on so I am hoping there is no damage to the head or anything.

Anyone had this experience and could tell me what to expect the estimates to be? Also wondering should I take it to the dealer for an estimate or to a local Audi shop to see if I can get an S4 bumper & grill put on instead of OEM if they are roughly the same price? Will have photos tomorrow. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Old 11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Crashed my Audi today...

wow, sorry to hear what happened. Were the fenders damaged at all?

Old 11-21-2004, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

No fender damage, but I think the headlight brackets are broken, though my headlights are not broken.

Old 11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
6th Gear

Could be a close call then, if the fenders were bent I would have called it a goner.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:33 AM
4th Gear

damn man sorry to hear, i HIGHLY dout its consider a totalled car from the damage u tell me but i donno some insurances r differe.t i think the S4 bumpers come like $300 i think painted but not to sure. Look around im sure u can find a good deal

Old 11-22-2004, 02:42 AM

S4 bumper is the same price as an a4 bumper but dont expect the insurance company to pay for it cuz they wont. S4 bumpers cost $412 dollars in primered form. if you want audi to install it and paint it (which i recommend) it will come out to 843 dollars

Old 11-22-2004, 04:35 AM
4th Gear

damn i didnt think it was that expensive, well getting an S4 bumper in the future is out fo the question. What if u have an S4 bumper on ur A4 and u get it damaged, will insurance pay for an S4 bumper or get the regualr A4?.....

Old 11-22-2004, 12:10 PM
4th Gear

Submit an estimate for A4 bumper. After they pay, put on any bumper you like.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

I have never been in an accident, and have a question on who gets the check to pay for the repairs.

So when I have the stealership give a estimate on how much the it will cost to repair the damage, the insurance co. will send out an adjustor to evaluate the car and then does the insurance company send me a check for the total amount they approve to pay minus the deductable or do they send the auto repair shop the check?

Old 11-22-2004, 12:49 PM
4th Gear

You can ask them to send it to you.

Quick Reply: Crashed my Audi today...