Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRACKED OIL PAN!!! Would JB WELD fix it???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 AM
3rd Gear
Default CRACKED OIL PAN!!! Would JB WELD fix it???

so about a month ago i cracked my oil pan in mexico... i leak about 2-3 quarts a day depending on my driving habits.... putting 3 quarts in my car every day is getting incredibly expensive and its just getting to the point of stupid.Would jb weld fix it?? do you think it would seal it up well enough or would it not do shiiiiiiiiit?????? I dont have the funds to fix my oil pan right now, cuz any money i get is going towards fines and getting my warrants taken care of, lol... so jb weld, would it work?? its not a huge hole, its just a crack and its a constant drip... any tips or anything to get it to seal correctly?

tim

Old 04-17-2007, 01:32 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CRACKED OIL PAN!!! Would JB WELD fix it???

this is whack, i just posted this 5 minutes ago and its already at the bottom of the page lol... the forums are POPPIN OFF right now whooooo hooooo

Old 04-17-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm make believe

I used JB Weld on my Lancer's oil pan when i turbo it (return line). Its aluminum so the JB Weld will hold more than tight. Just make sure you go far enough beyond the crack when you do it so it doesnt have room to leak. Also get the 5min drying kind so you dont have to wait all day for one layer.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 AM
3rd Gear

Why?

Pull the panand clean the crack in a slight V shape (with a 4' grinder) so you get a good weld in there. Then add fresh oil/filter.............

JBweld + Audi = DUMBSHITMOVE

Old 04-17-2007, 04:23 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

Why?

Pull the panand clean the crack in a slight V shape (with a 4' grinder) so you get a good weld in there. Then add fresh oil/filter.............

JBweld + Audi = DUMBSHITMOVE
wait so your saying to pull the pan and clean the crack in a v shape?? why would i do that?? are you suggesting to take it somewhere and have a real weld done instead of jbweld lol. JB weld is amazing stuff and if its 400 bucks for a new pan or 8 bucks to JBweld it, doesnt it make sense if it will hold just as good??

Why the V shape? Why the 4" grinder? Are you just punkin me and makin me feel dumb lol..

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 AM
2nd Gear

i dont know if guerrilllaaaaa glue would withstand the heat, but that stuffs amazing and it expands. used to to fix a leak on my old car a couple years ago <3

Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 AM
2nd Gear

oh my god, just when i had heard it all.. you put 3 quarts of oil in you car a day, and it's just now getting to the point where its stupid..

dude, you past that a long time ago.. use some common sense, get a new pan, and stay away from JB weld on this one

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 AM
3rd Gear

I'm not punking you I'm telling you to find a friend who welds to help you. Maybe even a shop, take it to them after you clean the oil off they will know what to do. Trust my you'll be happy you did in the long run and it should cost you no more than 1/2hr shop time. If I were closer to you I would do it for free in less than 15min.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 AM

3 quarts a day X a month so approximately 30 days... 90 quarts, or 22.5 GALLONS of oil you're just randomly spreading on the ground.

how f*cking stupid is that? honestly, I think that might be the most retarded thing I've read on the internet in a long time, and that's saying something.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

AHAHAHA....this is a funny post. I copied it into craiglist so the rest of the world can laugh.

Quick Reply: CRACKED OIL PAN!!! Would JB WELD fix it???