Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple fault codes...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Site Moderator
Default A couple fault codes...

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 4B0 906 018 Q
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT G 0005
Coding: 07051
Shop #: WSC 06335
2 Faults Found:
17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation
P1556 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17977 - Cruise Control Switch (E45): Implausible Signal
P1569 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

I understand they arent anything to worry about too much because they are intermittent... But, this is the 3rd time I have gotten the 17964 code in the last 5 months or so... Any thoughts on it are appreciated..

My bentley on the computer isnt working and im pretty much fucked as far as disableing the lisence # on this computer and transfering the lisence to an other computer, its the 2nd time it has happend with the bentley and im out of license #'s. ****!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: A couple fault codes...

O i researched and i guess it basically means i went into limp mode form over boosting at some time which has happend a couple times since i got the n75 race...
I guess it could also be a vaccuum leak.. but it reads 20 at idle, so i dunno. Er its underboosting from limp mode ? Not a whole lot of solutions in the search for this.. i guess ill look around for leaks.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Site Moderator

Super duper... Ill be replacing all my vac lines this weekend.. I JUST now noticed my vac line from my DV that runs in front of the engine and goes under the intake mani is really frayed where it lays on the alternator.. Not that its the problem or is leaking, but ive been putting off replacing vac lines for a while.... 5 ft of vac line laying in my trunk for the past couple months. Sorry for me posting to myself about all this.. Just ignore me.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 AM
5th Gear

lol how could we ignore you your all over the place.... those vac lines could be a part of your prob i mean its not like they are helping being all cracked ya know

Old 05-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Site Moderator

Well... I attempted to replace the vac lines tonight, particularly the one that goes from the DV to under the intake mani... But I cant reach it under the intake where it connects... Tried to take out the oil dipstick orange "female" part and ended up cracking the top of it.. Its temporarily cemented back together and is alright.. So I skipped that for now.. i dont know how im gunna get to that vac line and clamp it without taking the intake mani off!!!!!!! Anyway... I did find that my turbo outlet hose that goes to the IC was not on tight AT ALL on the turbo. I could turn the screw on the clamp just with my fingers.. So i tightetened that up and have noticed it holds at 20 psi a lot longer now. Before it would go to 20 and taper off between 15-18 when going through the gears at wot. Maybe that was my problem.. But it still pisses me off that im probably gunna have to remove the intake manifold just to get the DV vac line off/on. i got a good chance to inspect it pretty well and its not cracked, just frayed alot. I wish there was a tool that was like a pair of baby midget hands that i could use by remote control to do that kind of stupid tedious **** with... Id like to kick whoever the dumbass audi engineer that designed that part in the ***** with tripple steel toe'd boots and shove a baseball bat up his ***. Its so stupid they would make that vac line so difficult to get to. Any ideas for that?

Old 05-17-2006, 03:20 AM
5th Gear

I had the same prob with the turbo outlet pipe, but mine came off, lol and i noticed the same thing, its nice fixing things you didnt intend to

Old 05-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

I had the same prob with the turbo outlet pipe, but mine came off, lol and i noticed the same thing, its nice fixing things you didnt intend to
yeah i was actually really excited to see that..haha.. it was like i found a pot of gold, or a pot of boost in this case... Its not a major difference, but it does feel a little more ballsy and my boost gauge isnt lyin so its cool. I think i might just cut that dv vac line around the intake mani and stick an adapter in there and put new line on the other end to the DV... If that makes sense...

Old 05-17-2006, 01:06 PM
1st Gear

I replaced that same vac line last weekend, as it was getting frayed and leaking on the manifold end (I assume you're talking about that short, really skinny, fabric-covered line, right)?. The DV side underneath the intake mani is hard to reach, but I found it was easier if I removed the coolant reservoir (one screw and it lifts right out). That's on a B6 though, so maybe it's different on a B5.

I used plastic zip ties for now, but will purchase proper clamps once I confirm the size.