Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting IPOD to 97!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Banned
Default Connecting IPOD to 97!

I want to connect my IPOD to my 97 A4 w/ BOSE system without sacrificing sound quality. I have tried options including tape deck and itrip FM transmitter...BOTH of which I did not like!
I don't know about you all at Audiforums, but I like to listen to music on the loud side. I don't like to hear the static from the options above^. I have decided to keep my BOSE system and factory headunit, so I want a better option to play my IPOD from in my car. ALL help is appreciates. Thanks People!

Old 12-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned
Default RE: Connecting IPOD to 97!

Btw, some things like the Blitzsafe which I've looked at are for 98-05 specific. My year ('97) seems harder to find compatible stuff.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem, i hate those damn tape decks.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

well i have i have a creative nomad mp3 player and i use the tape deck i thingie and it sounds good. just like dlinbh i listen to music pretty loud since i got the subs in the trunk and the bose interior..

Old 12-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Banned

Okay, I need advice/suggestions on installing the IPOD through AUX Input for BEST Sound Quality. I am basically overlooking solutions such as the tape deck because I don't like the fuzz/static sound.
Can ANYONE tell me how to do the AUX on 97 models. Thanks.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

i also have had 2 dif creative labs mp3 players (the old 40 gig in a metal case and now the new 40 gig zen) touch work perfectly through the tape deck. the head unit is the only stock peice i have left of my sterio.
ORIGINAL: BLAZEDUPBEE

well i have i have a creative nomad mp3 player and i use the tape deck i thingie and it sounds good. just like dlinbh i listen to music pretty loud since i got the subs in the trunk and the bose interior..

Old 12-27-2005, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

i have a 98, but mine was an early production 98, so i still had the Delta CC radio that you 97 people have. Frustrated about not being able to hook up my ipod..i went on a hunt. Fortunately i found a Concert I Bose radio, bought it, bought a blitzsafe adapter, and enjoy my music at the highest quality.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

I don't want to use a tape deck because the tape deck on my delta cc 97 radio is broken and I don't want to replace it. I am looking at a way to make the 8-pin cd changer slot in the back into an AUX input then connecting a mini-jack-RCA plug to plug in my IPOD. Does anyone know if this method works?

BTW, I think my tape deck is broken because when I push a tape into the slot it won't go in even though the slot is empty. Is there an INSERT button I have to push? Also, my MODE button the haedunit does not function. I'm not sure if it is because I don't have a CD changer hooked up.....

.....SO will it function if I hook up my AUX adapter method to the CD changer slot???

Can anyone get me directions for my Audi Delta CC 97 radio because I'm not sure if it is broken or just if I don't know how to operate it!!! PLEASE HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:48 AM

FWIW:

I just installed Dension's Ice>link this past weekend. The install took about 45 minutes (with stereo keys in hand) and couldn't have been easier. The sound quality is about as good as can get, and you can control the iPod from the headunit's controls! I decided to mount it with 3 of the 4 included screws (for the cradle). I belive you can get vehicle specific mounts that don't involve putting holes in your dash though.

--Chris

Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

Yeah i got the metal 40gb one and im very happy with it. i know people with ipods and from what it seems it only brings them problems. luckily mines has been very sturdy.

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

i also have had 2 dif creative labs mp3 players (the old 40 gig in a metal case and now the new 40 gig zen) touch work perfectly through the tape deck. the head unit is the only stock peice i have left of my sterio.
ORIGINAL: BLAZEDUPBEE

Quick Reply: Connecting IPOD to 97!