Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Component speaker set

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 09:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Component speaker set

Ok so I'm trying to get rid of a lot of parts left over from my previous car. One thing I'm torn on selling is a set of brand new Rockford Fosgate Fanatic X 5 25" components. I was going to leave the stereo in the A4 stock and sell off the set. Since the speakers are brand new I was wondering if its possible to replace the stock component set with Rockford set? I'd have to make sure the tweeters fit in the stock location, find a place to put the large crossover box and probably add an external amp, right?

What are your suggestions about this? Should I sell the set and stay stock or try to install this set? Any suggestion would help. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Component speaker set

Do you have bose? If so forget it unless your redoing the entire system.

-T

Old 03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

if you have the bose it'll sound better than the rfs anyway. and even if you don't, i don't think any audis have 5.25 components.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

No Bose system. I've heard horror stories about doing anything to that setup.

So its basically a lost cause then?

Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 PM
2nd Gear

Personally I'd sell the Rockfords..the stock stereo is decent and if you're gonna upgrade go Kappa's, I hear they are unbelievable. I'd take that green and put it toward some ecodes and/or a chip.

-T

Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 PM
2nd Gear

well, i have the bose and my car's also a 96, and i'm not 100% sure about the newer cars' speaker sizes, might wanna wait for someone with a non-bose '01 system for confirmation

Old 03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear

Still a B5...I'd guess they're the same, but ya BFlan is right..those '01 guys should be able to tell you...or possibly even your manual..

-T

Old 03-10-2005, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Alright...I'll have to do some more research on this. General consensus is that I should just sell them and stick with stock for awhile.

I'll put the $$$ towards getting some performance parts and upgrade the stereo to something better later down the road.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. Much appreciated!

Old 03-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Transverse

Personally I'd sell the Rockfords..the stock stereo is decent and if you're gonna upgrade go Kappa's, I hear they are unbelievable. I'd take that green and put it toward some ecodes and/or a chip.

-T
I have the Kappa Perfects... mmm baby

Old 03-11-2005, 03:33 AM
1st Gear

Ya so I'm hearing a lot of people like the Kappa's. I'm also hearing a lot about the MB Quarts.

Anyone else have components installed in their car, what brand and how do you like them?

Quick Reply: Component speaker set