Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

complete rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default complete rebuild

Well im going to do a leak down test on my car this weekend, I don’t think anything is wrong but I have on good authority that there maybe the onset of some problems with this car I bought.. I have yet to talk to matt the guy I bought it from but it wont really change my mind on doing the test myself to see what up.. If there is any real problem im going to do a rebuild in about 12k miles when I do the timing belt.. Didn’t know if anyone on here has ever done one before and where they got their parts.. I’m not going to do anything crazy forged pistons ect, maybe lower compression, I will have the head milled and the block cleaned up, if anyone has done this where did you get your parts? and any thoughts, I don’t want to spend more then $3500 in parts and that’s including a new clutch and LWFW might as well do it all in one shot..

Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: complete rebuild

Seen this today for internal parts not sure if their prices are good or not but it seem's like $3500 might be a bit tight. I think a guy named Tom Rit or something of that nature did a rebuild with pics. http://www.qedpower.com/

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
5th Gear

YOU THINK A GUY NAMED TOMRITT????? are you kiddin me lol yes tom sells alot of good stuff like scat rods , ask him he will hook ya up..... as for a rebuild I dont know why your doing it when you do the TB cuz a rebuild the motors gotta come out where a TB only part needs to come off.... but if your gunna do it you mise well do it all at once...
ORIGINAL: new2me

Seen this today for internal parts not sure if their prices are good or not but it seem's like $3500 might be a bit tight. I think a guy named Tom Rit or something of that nature did a rebuild with pics. http://www.qedpower.com/

Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear

im just going to do a bottom end rebuild I think pistons, rings, rods ect.. dont know if im going to go all out with new cams, i have a maching shop that i use locally so they will do all the work on the head, and block, i know ecs sells a kit for lke 1600, and gaskets for 89.99. im more concerned with the bottem end work.. but i dont know.. it will all be apart.. i figure i can save up around 4 grand by that point..

Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
3rd Gear

like I said in the post it may have faild a leak down test so the rings might be on the way out.. so in like 50k miles im going to start noticing a problem or maybe even soon depending on how bad the test came out.. I know i will need a timing belt in 12k and if it fails the leak down test im just going to pull the motor in 12k and do it all at once instead of doing it one thing at a time, i want to do the clutch as well so if the motor is out i can do everything.. I mean the car runs good, so it might just be a small problem, but i like to drive my cars so i know it will just get worse..
ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

YOU THINK A GUY NAMED TOMRITT????? are you kiddin me lol yes tom sells alot of good stuff like scat rods , ask him he will hook ya up..... as for a rebuild I dont know why your doing it when you do the TB cuz a rebuild the motors gotta come out where a TB only part needs to come off.... but if your gunna do it you mise well do it all at once...
ORIGINAL: new2me

Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
5th Gear

heck if your gunna spend 1700 on a rebuild kit you could spend a little more on a stroker kit

Old 12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Site Moderator

If you stroke it, you'll need standalone. Which is not cheap.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

would i really benifit from it... I like the drivability of the car now, and how much other work would I have to have do to do something like that.. oh and where to buy

Old 12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Zombie Defense Force

http://www.qedpower.com/
that site you posted has some good parts

Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 PM

i built a few 1.8t's hit me up if you need some info. if you figure out what you want to do during the rebuild i can point you in the right direction for parts.

Quick Reply: complete rebuild