Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chip and DV opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 AM
1st Gear
Default chip and DV opinions

Hi folks,

I've been reading alot on this forum about suggesting that you should or need to change your DV after your car has been chipped.
I just recently chipped my car with a APR chip. From reading these post, they say that you should also change the DV because it would fail. Does this only apply to older models or does it apply to all models? I have a 06 A4 (b7) 2.0t FSI Quattro-auto, would this apply to me as well?Why does it need to be changed? What brand is a better brand? After changing that, will something else need to be changed? If it did needed tobe changed,I was thinking about going with the APR r1 divertervalve, any opinions on that one?
It seems that the dv710n is popular here. I'm a bit confused. Any suggestions will help- thanks!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Default RE: chip and DV opinions

Check if you have another DV the stock one is plastic, an aftermarket is gonna be metal. No point in buyin a new one if your cars got an upgraded 1. Yes,the stock DV can't hold the full boost of a chip and if it does it won't for long. Go with watever is cheapest as long as it closes at idle. Listen 2 some sound clips on youtube to decide.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

alright thanks for the info

Old 12-17-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

Check if you have another DV the stock one is plastic, an aftermarket is gonna be metal. No point in buyin a new one if your cars got an upgraded 1. Yes,the stock DV can't hold the full boost of a chip and if it does it won't for long. Go with watever is cheapest as long as it closes at idle. Listen 2 some sound clips on youtube to decide.
his DV is completley different than you think the 2.0T DV is retarded

Old 12-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Forge has a DV for the 2.0t engine:

http://www.streetwerke.com/xcart/pro...t=0&page=1

Old 12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

wow the forge DV is kind of pricey, i was thinking about going with APR since its like 100 cheaper. thanks for the info. what do you think about the APR DV? and how retarded is the stock DV for my whip?> thanks!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 PM

With a stock DV, it is pre-set to work at a given pressure. Once you get chipped, the pressure will increase, and the stock DV will not function the way it was meant to. All DV's basically work the same way. The difference between the Forge and APR (at least on the 1.8t engines), is that the APR is designed to be maintenance-free. That's nice and dandy, but you can't change the springs on the APR DV. The Forge, on the other hand, is user-serviceable. That means that you can open the thing up, change the springs around, add spacers... basically gives you the option of fine-tuning your boost pressure. For the 2.0t engine, I think the engine management system has something to do with the DV also (solenoid valves).

Old 12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd Gear

2.0t's are different, there is a reason the 2.0t forge DV is so much higher.... APR R1 wont work on your car, i dont believe you will need to upgrade the dv on a 2.0t for just a flash, check on www.audizine.com in the b7 forum, they know all the specifics of your car

Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear

great, now i am more confused... do upgrade or not? need to or don't? 2.0 is different or not, retarded or not? oh man now i am really confused.. but the info helps.,.. thanks folks, maybe i should just get an upgrade part handy just incase the stock one tears... and when it does tear, is the car still drivable? thanks

Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm make believe

The 1.8t and 2.0t use COMPLETLY differnt dv's. The 1.8t uses a 25mm inlet/outlet dv that sits in the intake. The 2.0t uses a weird design that sits on the turbo itself. You can not use any other dv except the ones for a 2.0t. That is unless you get a block off for the stock one and install a normal valve somewhere else on the charge piping.

Quick Reply: chip and DV opinions