Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing a blinker bulb in a B6 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Changing a blinker bulb in a B6 Audi A4

Hello -

I searched the post and found one link on modifying the headlamp assembly to have clear corners but I could not find an article with good pictures on how to replace a blinker bulb in a 2002 Audi A4. I can get the top two screws off with no issues but cannot seem to find the other two screws that the walk through mentioned. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page...earcorner.html

Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Changing a blinker bulb in a B6 Audi A4

are u serious? it says in that DIY where the 3rd and 4th screws are at. i dont have a b6 but im pretty sure it would also tell you in your owners manual under maintenace

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

No, the B6 manual doesn't say anything about the headlight assembly - they want you go to the dealership.

I just changed it last week - the top two screws are easy. But the other two are quite tough to get to. They are at the bottom of the headlight assembly at the back- you would have to access it from the top, but you would need a long screwdriver (about 6-8 inches atleast). The screw heads are the same as the front ones. I also took off the screw of the air intake to get to the screws more easily.

Once you figure out how to take the screws off - it's a 10 minute job.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for the reply. The manual sells to call an Audi service center, Audi also wants $55 to replace a bulb that I bought for $3 at AutoZone.

I see the third screw in front of the green cap but I still cannot find this last one...

Old 10-06-2007, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

Your going to need to get a flash light and really look. they aren't that easy to see but they are there behind the back of the housing. make sure you have a long screwdriver with the torx head. If you have HID's they are even harder to get to but it can be done. the one on the driver's side is almost unreachable but when you get all the other screws out you can pull the light forward a little and you should be able to reach it. have fun. while you have them out you should do the clear corner mode. takes 15 minutes.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: EVOLA4

Your going to need to get a flash light and really look. they aren't that easy to see but they are there behind the back of the housing. make sure you have a long screwdriver with the torx head. If you have HID's they are even harder to get to but it can be done. the one on the driver's side is almost unreachable but when you get all the other screws out you can pull the light forward a little and you should be able to reach it. have fun. while you have them out you should do the clear corner mode. takes 15 minutes.
THANK YOU! I took your advice and spent another 15 minutes working on it this morning... was VERY easy after I found the two back screws. The one in the back left was the hardest to find (easiest to losen).

Thank you again! saved me a stop to the dealer!

Just out of curiosity do you have any advice on squeaky brakes? My pads look great but for some reason after my car has been sitting for a few hours they squeak a LOT for a couple minutes.... any words of wisom?

Thanks again!

Old 10-07-2007, 02:07 PM
2nd Gear

No advise for that one! Maybe try a different type of pad. Are they real loud?

Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

my rears squeak all the time. when i bought the car, took em in. was told, "they're in great shape, they work great, they just squeak." a few weeks ago had rear rotors, pads, calipers all replaced (friend burned them out by leaving the parking brake on). all new parts, same squeak. and i love the manuals explanation of how today's technology makes bulb replacement "difficult," and you should go to authorized audi care.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
1st Gear

Glad that you were to able to do it yourself. I just changed the headlight bulbs last week - just like your case, the dealership quoted $55 per bulb. [:@]I am never going to call those guys again unless I HAVE TO.