Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL code from autozone... help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL code from autozone... help?

So a few days ago I got a code, I have an appointment with the dealer to get it checked out tommorow, but I wanted to show you guys the code, and see if its something not worth an arm and leg for the dealer to check it out....

"P1136
Definition: Long term fuel trim add. fuel b1 system too lean
explanation: failed MAF
Probable causes: 1. low fuel pressure
2. vacuum leak on engine
3. failed H02S"

Also, I think this is from a VW code, closest they had to audi. Whats this crap mean?
Oh yeah, I also got an oil filter while I was there.... Fram PH3569 extram guard... is this a good "large" one?

Old 05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Default RE: CEL code from autozone... help?

air/vacuum leak by the sound of it so check all your vacuum lines and gaskets ( its called a VAG code which covers AUDI/VW/SKODA )

Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

thanks buuuuuddy. now to nub myself a lil more.... what do my vacum lines and gaskets look like, and where might they be?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 PM

a gasket goes between inlet components as do the cylinder head gasket, vacuum pipes are thin rubber pipes all over the place so a keen eye is required for splits

Old 05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

thanks. i was just poking around, keep in mind i have no idea what to look for or what im talking about, but this didnt look normal. some foam stuff or something next to the oil filter??? i took a picture i can show you... if i knew how to put a pic up here

Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
2nd Gear

nub = Noob and tahts ok, def take to dealer and see what they say come back and tell us what they said, and we can help you fix.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:31 PM

nope not a dealer issue yet they wouldn't be able to find the spare wheel lol

Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

ok, i found a litle hole / crack in one of the tubes. Bring on the laughter... I have no idea what this tube is / does / affects. I was planning on taking a little 2 hr road trip tonight.... bad idea? help kind sirs.... also i put in a pic of the oil filter thing i was talking about.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

sorry, heres the close up, and the pic of the oil filter thing i was talking about

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
4th Gear

Electrical tape to seal your hose for the road trip tonight. Should hold until you can replace the hose section.

The pink crusties you see indicate a coolant leak. The g12 antifreeze in there is pink.
It could be a slow leak, or could just be some antifreeze that got on there at some point.
Take hoses off, inspect closer for leaks. Could bea crack in the oil cooler, which can be replaced DIY.

Quick Reply: CEL code from autozone... help?