Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL, broken hose...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL, broken hose...

OK, I had my CEL come on while I was driving from Cleveland to Chicago. I took it to autozone and got this code: PO171. They said its probably nothing, you must have filled up your gas tank with the car running, just drive it a while and see what happens. I thought that sounded dumb, but I figured they know what they are doing, so I planned on driving it until I filled up again and I would deal with it at that point. However, yesterday I took it to get the oil changed and the guy doing it noticed a hose that had a hole in it. He figured that was what caused the CEL, and it makes perfect sense to me. Shows what they know at Autozone.

Anyway, heres a picture of what I am talking about. The arrow is pointing to the hole, you probably cant see it, its a camera phone picture. But you can see the hose that I am talking about. where can I pick up something like this, and is this something I can do myself or should I make an appointment, the dealer told me they are wide open the next couple days. If I do it myself or have the dealer do it, I just know that I need that and my tire fixed by sunday when I drive back to cleveland.

On a side note, was anyone here driving a black B5 avant debadged with really dark tints on the Ohio turnpike and Indiana toll road last friday?? The one I saw was lookin good.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CEL, broken hose...

if you are close to renn-art go there and they can fix it

or

go to napa and show them what you need. 99% they have what you need and get 2 clamps for that and you're ready to go.