Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer [:(]

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:01 AM
1st Gear
Default CD Changer [:(]

Well i just bought me a new Audi A4 2.8 Quatro.. and everything works great and runs smoothe. On the way home i decided to play some music through the 6 CD changer. Well i put the cd's in the changer and tried to play them..... Nothing. So i took the cartridge out and it was totally cracked. So my question is where do i get another and how much would they cost?

Also i was interested in replacing the cd player with a newer and more 'sub compatible'. Any suggestions or pointers.

Thanx

P.S.
Im the new one to these forums....

Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: CD Changer [:(]

try ebay for 6 disk clips, hell you might be able to use other brand clips...

Old 09-09-2004, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear

Welcome to the forums! Hope you like it here. As for the CD changer in addition to eBay, try this site.

Shokan Coachworks

Hope this helps.

Old 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
6th Gear

the CD changer clips are pretty rare to come by on ebay. May want to buy the whole changer, take the clip, and sell the changer.

Old 09-12-2004, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum Stolz_A4!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.
================================================== ====================================
I hope this was sorted out for you by now.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Stolz_A4

Well i just bought me a new Audi A4 2.8 Quatro.. and everything works great and runs smoothe. On the way home i decided to play some music through the 6 CD changer. Well i put the cd's in the changer and tried to play them..... Nothing. So i took the cartridge out and it was totally cracked. So my question is where do i get another and how much would they cost?

Also i was interested in replacing the cd player with a newer and more 'sub compatible'. Any suggestions or pointers.

Thanx

P.S.
Im the new one to these forums....
Just find out who the manufacturer of the changer is and search the internet, because if you go to the dealer, they will charge you an arm and a leg for something you could get for a couple bucks

Changing the head unit might not be a bad idea if you want to go bigger in the sub department. I would suggest getting one with a screen and springing the extra cash to get the dvd nav