Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catching up on some work..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Catching up on some work..

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

ORIGINAL: aRIf

I need to change my front axle with boots driver and passenger side... I think I will let mechanics to do it.

good luck with your work man...

Really??? That one looks like a pretty easy DIY, especially for someone who did their own turbo install!
I think he was just wanting to see how everyone else's went.... is there any tip to getting the fluid into the Tip Tranny? I need to do mine soon too!
Theres a drain and fill plug. Fill on top, drain on bottom. I guess only a few qts will come out if you just drain from the drain plug, and about 8-9 qts when you take out the pan/filter. The tranny fluid has to be at a certain temp. when you do this, and the car has to be perfectly level (hard to do without a lift.) Search on it for the correct temp. and more detailed procedure.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:28 PM
4th Gear

ARIF I can help you out with your axles if you want. At least you can use my garage if you want. Ace might want to help out too?
I am willing, if he decides to give it a go.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc27.shtml

Old 11-28-2006, 02:29 PM
3rd Gear

I moved to sawmill so I have a garage too

I dont wanna mess with with without a help. if you guys willing to help, then I might think about to doit myself

Old 11-28-2006, 02:30 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

ARIF I can help you out with your axles if you want. At least you can use my garage if you want. Ace might want to help out too?
I am willing, if he decides to give it a go.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc27.shtml

wow that's a great DIY. It looks easy. I thought it was harder [&:]

Old 11-28-2006, 02:34 PM

hmmm, I thought there wasn't a fill plug on the Tiptronic Auto's... either than or my buddy that works at Audi didn't know what the hell he was talking about, because he said it had to be gravity fed in order to fill the tranny through the drain plug, and I though that was kind of wierd. I thought there wasn't a checktube or dipstick on them, am I correct with that too? I'm just confused on how you'd know what level the transmission is at without being able to check it, thats all.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Site Moderator

Didnt know you had a garage now! Coolman. You could do the axles easily. Check out www.getcoolparts.com for your oem stuff. Im a huge fan of them. Youd get free shipping and enter the "audi006" coupon code for 5% off of their already good prices.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: aRIf

I moved to sawmill so I have a garage too

I dont wanna mess with with without a help. if you guys willing to help, then I might think about to doit myself
You must be close to me now. I am off of smokey row, are you that far north, or whereabout off of sawmill?
I am surprised I haven't seen you driving around yet. I'm at the sawmill road kroger just about every day.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ProOnThaSnow

hmmm, I thought there wasn't a fill plug on the Tiptronic Auto's... either than or my buddy that works at Audi didn't know what the hell he was talking about, because he said it had to be gravity fed in order to fill the tranny through the drain plug, and I though that was kind of wierd. I thought there wasn't a checktube or dipstick on them, am I correct with that too? I'm just confused on how you'd know what level the transmission is at without being able to check it, thats all.
ya my bad, not a fill hold on top. There are two plugs on the bottom, a drain plug and a check plug/hole. Drain through the drain, and fill through the check until it starts to come out. Here is a pic of the kind of pump needed etc.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10408/7CF668CD38754045B8B99443ABBC1E36.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear

I am other side of 270, very close to Bethel Rd.

I saw one dark green A4 with black rims today when I was going to work from 33 to downtown but I do not think that was you.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM
4th Gear

Cool, I know the area.

Glad to hear you have got the garage, let us know if you want help on those axles.

Dang, I almost tried to get in touch with you and onepoint8 last Sunday, the weather was sooooo nice, would have been a great day to take in a drive or photoshoot.

Keep it in mind next time the weather breaks!

Quick Reply: Catching up on some work..