Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:23 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!

i would get the oem sensor, you might as well do it right the first time, you will proablly never replace the sensor again. here is the link that i got mine from, there is two sensors before the cat, i just got one of them, you can do both just so you take the guess work out of it and you will never have to screw with them again. it is the first sensor on the page, i would call them if you are going to buy just one of them so you get the right side, two diff plugs.
http://replacement.autopartswarehous...Sensor&dp=true

Old 04-08-2006, 03:27 AM

ORIGINAL: bajamoon

i would get the oem sensor, you might as well do it right the first time, you will proablly never replace the sensor again. here is the link that i got mine from, there is two sensors before the cat, i just got one of them, you can do both just so you take the guess work out of it and you will never have to screw with them again. it is the first sensor on the page, i would call them if you are going to buy just one of them so you get the right side, two diff plugs.
http://replacement.autopartswarehous...Sensor&dp=true

Yeah, but I think I need a sensor AFTER the cat though, not before the cat, it is the downstream cat which is after the cat. I have to figure out if I need one in the driver's seat side or the passenger side, but I'm guess bank one is on the driver's seat side.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

sorry, trying to do 10 things at one time, the universal sensor doesn't show the plug, not sure if you have to use the plug from the oem sensor, you can call and ask and maybee they know if bank 1 is the passenger side. they are in cali so shipping won't take that long, but they are one of the cheapest places that i could find it.

Old 04-08-2006, 03:42 AM

Not really, onepoint8tee just recommended a place which I find is the cheapest, and has them all, two different brands, and right and left side are also available for sale, other site only have the left side, and I think I need right site.

It is 130, free shipping.

Oxygensensor.com

Old 04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

Middle of CA sounds like San Luis Obispo, gotta love SLO

Old 06-05-2006, 03:13 AM

hey I was wondering I did the 3" test pipe on my 97 A4 1.8T and I did the diode mod you listed in some of the other forums. well the thing is the picture shows just the diode on the first O2 sensor but then I was scrolling down and it said do it to the green connector also. Is that just the little green connector or did this mean the other O2 sensor where the after cat should be? because if it is that one the connector is black. I did see the other small green connector though could you help me out? or maybe send me another pic of the other connector that needs the diode?

Old 06-05-2006, 03:39 AM
3rd Gear

oy vey hwat a headache

--E

Old 02-24-2007, 01:58 PM

can anyone recomend any online retailers of cheap aftermarket catalytic converters that would match a '962.8 A4. ECSTuning only has the generic universal converters. Would these be a good choice and how would one go about installing them?

Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dungar46

can anyone recomend any online retailers of cheap aftermarket catalytic converters that would match a '962.8 A4. ECSTuning only has the generic universal converters. Would these be a good choice and how would one go about installing them?
You dont need to rvive an old thread just to ask a question. Feel free to open a new thread if you dont see a recent one that is similar to your question.
If you go with a universal cat like ecs sells, youd have to get flanges welded on so that they bolt up to your existing pipes. Thatll probably be the cheapest route to take. If you have less than 80k miles your cats are covered under waranty, but on a 96 its doubtful you have such low miles. You could try to find a junked audi with lower miles and get the cats off it. Or just buy them new, whichi have no idea how much that would cost, but i know its not gunna be cheap.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
3rd Gear

this thread should never have made it to 2 pages...

I got magnaflow universal cats welded onto the stock flanges. The cats (both) were only $100.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!