Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Default RE: Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!

It's not cheap and easy for someone to check all those stuff if they don't have any tools or knowledge about cars, buddy.

First, the O2 sensor is expensive to replace if I could remember, they charge almost 200 just for one.

What's the obvious sign of bad sensor? or cat?

Old 04-08-2006, 12:49 AM

At first, I somewhat get some help, but now, where's all the tech and gals at, where're the helps for a fellow audier.........????

Helpppppppppppppp................................. .

Old 04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 707782y

It's not cheap and easy for someone to check all those stuff if they don't have any tools or knowledge about cars, buddy.

First, the O2 sensor is expensive to replace if I could remember, they charge almost 200 just for one.

What's the obvious sign of bad sensor? or cat?
Forget about the cat ok? Concentrate more on what is probable. A sign of a bad sensor is code : P0421.. If it is not heating up right, it also could be beacause of a bad wiring connection, and may not even show physical signs of a failed sensor when you take it out.
They are not $200
Check it out: https://www.automedicsupply.com/cata...f8ea23692f4dee

How many miles do you have? Do you use premium gas all the time?

Old 04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 707782y

At first, I somewhat get some help, but now, where's all the tech and gals at, where're the helps for a fellow audier.........????

Helpppppppppppppp................................. .
DUDE.. ******* CHILL OUT! DO YOU HAVE TERRETS? DAMN IM TRYING TO HELP YOU!!

Old 04-08-2006, 12:54 AM

There's no sign of problems except when the CEL first started. There's no problem of heating up also.

Well, the driver's seat does have a little bit of vibrating when the car is on and idle.....

Thank you very much for your help, I really apprieciate it, and I hope you continue to help me until the problem is solve.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Site Moderator

Do you know anyone who is mechanicaly inclined? If not, find a a place that is, that isnt the dealer and let them deal with it. Get the code cleared, if the cel comes back order the 02 sensor and find someone who will put it in for you for less than $50.
How many miles? Do you use premium gas all the time?

Old 04-08-2006, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

i just replaced my o2 sensor before the cat, the sensor cost me $125.00 with ups red and paid my mechanic $50.00 to put it in, 10 minutes worth of work, i'm a lazy sob. onepoint8tee knows his $h!t so listen to him. go buy a cheap code reader or go to autozone and have them clear it, where in cali are you, i have a code reader and i would clear it for you if you are close.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:02 AM

I have clear the code two time, and when I drive continous for about 40 mins, it came back on again.

The car has 98K miles, and I use premium gas ONLY.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: bajamoon

i just replaced my o2 sensor before the cat, the sensor cost me $125.00 with ups red and paid my mechanic $50.00 to put it in, 10 minutes worth of work, i'm a lazy sob. onepoint8tee knows his $h!t so listen to him. go buy a cheap code reader or go to autozone and have them clear it, where in cali are you, i have a code reader and i would clear it for you if you are close.

Why did you replace the sensor?

Old 04-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Site Moderator

Thanks... But dont bother buying the code reader, if you have an autozone near by they can read/clear codes for you for free.
But if you run, or have been running anything less than premium gas for a long time, there is a chance your cat is dead... Or is at least the cause of a prematurly failed 02 sensor. I dont know if youll ever answer my question, but if you dont run premium you better start... The cost difference is maybe $5 per tank of gas compared to regular.

O ok premium.. Good..

So, you can just send me the extra 400 or so dollars i just saved you in the form of a check or money order..
jk.. but hopefully that is all that is wrong.. I REALLY doubt your cat is bad though.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter, Please help.....Please!