Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbonio for the 98 b5 not so good. UPDATED PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Carbonio for the 98 b5 not so good. UPDATED PICS

So yesterday i installed a carbonio intake system on my car. COOOL! RIGHT? how bout' nooo!!! Probably the only piece that i was semi-satisfied with was the carbon fiber top piece(which is probably why they have no other pictures of it) anyways, the directions were written by someone who had used the component too much and wrote it as his brain puts it together not as how a beginner who has never seen one piece of that thing in his life would. Also, the directions pictures were just short of useless... After a 2 1/2 hour install(said it should only take 1-1 1/2) i got to the final part putting the carbon fiber top piece(which is not a sealed cover its pretty much just to look good) on. I lay it in place and low and behold IT DOESNT EVEN CLEAR THE HARD FUEL LINES RUNNING ALONG THE FIRE WALL!!! i mean it REALLY! doesnt clear them!!! So in order to get it anywhere near the holes on the box to screw it down i had to use a cut off wheel and trim about 2 inches deep into the right rear corner(so now if there was any warranty on it im sure its voided) After getting it to lay completely flat under the weather stripping piece only ONE hole lined up to screw it down. So now i got a ghetto airbox with some expensive carbon fiber on it from what should be a really nice and REALLY expensive intake! Hey APR maybe try spending a little more than a couple weekends designing your performance parts!

NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG???

Should have covered the fuel lines but no i had to cut it!!!

R.I.P. Rear corner carbon fiber pieces. BIG THUMBS DOWN TO APR!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:59 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Carbonio for the 98 b5 not so good.

o wow lol. i've nvr liked the carbonio intakes and u've just proved my opinion haha. are u sure they sent u the right one? there are many people who have installed them and had no trouble.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Ya its the right one, i have to spend today trying to fit it enough to screw the rest of the carbon fiber down cause right now its got way too much pressure on the one screw that fits. its not that big a deal but Carbonio should have ******* done this not me. unless they want to send me a hundred bucks back for having to design the intake myself.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
5th Gear

get sum pix.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ya i will definetly post some up this afternoon.

P.S. I will give them this: it does sound badass!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
SoCal Crew Member

bumper

Old 12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

i agree 100% all it does is sound good no perfromance gaines what so ever it a a bad way to **** away $400

Old 12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
4th Gear

Seriously... everything I've read about CAI's on our cars is that their only real effect is to make your engine sound louder - stock intakes are good for up to 300-odd HP from what I've read. That's a bummer that you spent so much money on such a piece of crap. Write them an extremely IRATE letter, see if you can get them to refund some of your money lol.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Site Moderator

That is one of the cleanest almost 10 year old engines Ive ever seen. The rare thing about it is your intake manifold is spotless... Did you do that?

Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
3rd Gear

With all the info at hand you still went out and bought a 400$ intake [:-]Sorry but it's hard to even feel sorry for you at all....

Quick Reply: Carbonio for the 98 b5 not so good. UPDATED PICS