Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Went into Dealer today for new brakes and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default Car Went into Dealer today for new brakes and rotors

well... its at audi as you read this... i switched it back to stock mode before i got there and im hoping and praying they dont find out im chipped... between my vent boost guage and my forge dv... im prettty sure it would give the impression that i was chipped... although maby when they drive it they will see im only boosting at 8psi... i hope they dont **** me over

oh and there replacing that hose that someone was talking about was recalled...

will have to see how this turns out

Old 08-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Default RE: Car Went into Dealer today for new brakes and rotors

there is nothing they can do about your car being chipped, unless the car is under warranty it would void the warranty.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

yea the car is still under warentee.... well its now uner its extended warentee so... few more hours and il find out what they say...

does anyboy actually know of anyone who had their warentee voided by them like scanning the ecu or something?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:09 PM
3rd Gear

my vw dealer signed off on my chip saying it was ok and they did voide out the waranty, I didnt think scanning it would show up that your car is chipped... but every deler is differnet

Old 08-22-2006, 05:13 PM

yea, supposedly the chip programs are undetectable to dealer scan tools. the only way they would know is by seeing the boost is higher or driving ther car and being able to notice the difference from stock.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 PM
4th Gear

I'd be more worried about how bad they're going to ream you for the brake job.

Let us know what that ends up costing so we can all feel better when we DIY the brakes.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

yea i cant wait to see this... one day has gone by and they havnt completed the job yet so im going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon and break out the credit card... always fun!... i should just get big brakes and stop messing with these jokers

johnny, you said they did void your warantee? or they didnt after they signed off on it

Old 08-23-2006, 06:05 AM
1st Gear

ha i just dug up my record for rotars/pads....618 for parts, 340 for labour!!!! geeezus

Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

yea i cant wait to see this... one day has gone by and they havnt completed the job yet so im going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon and break out the credit card... always fun!... i should just get big brakes and stop messing with these jokers

johnny, you said they did void your warantee? or they didnt after they signed off on it
It only hurt for a second, then your ok. Oh, but then again it hurts again when you get the credit card bill. LOL

Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

The dealer replaced my rear brake pads under warranty. I of course revert the ECU to stock mode before bringing it in to them. I don't have a boost guage or aftermarket DV, but they could tell from the non-factory clamps around my 710N that it's been replaced. So far no warranty issues but who knows what might happen in the future. I've resisted the temptation to use my VAG to modify settings (such as one-button windows up) to avoid any potential claims on their part that I've messed up the settings.

Coincidentally I'm in for 25K servicing today. Nothing out of the ordinary to be done so I'm not expecting any problems.