Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car stalled on highway 2 codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
1st Gear
Default car stalled on highway 2 codes

(Ihave a 99.5 1.8tqm 160000kms)

Well I was driving home from work last friday (of all days) on the Q.E.W. (toronto) I was in the middle lane then my engine shut off so i quickly pulled over. This startled me cause my car has been running good and I had no clue what it might be so I called a flatbed and had it towed home. Over the weekend picked up a code reader because now I had a CEL and these 2 codes showed up

18010 - ECM voltage low from battery wiring. open circuit, blow fuse
17746 - Camshaft Pos. Sensor Bank 1. open circut, short to battery

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a pretty big suspicion this has to do with the aftermarket head unit and amp I installed recently (uh, really?) So anyway I started by disconnecting the amp and radio from the battery and actually removed it from my car for the time being. I like to try and do everything myself but I'm not sure what to do next. I've opened up the fuse panel and thats about it.Hopefully (fingers crossed) it's not an expensive fix soI'd appreciate ifsome of you can chime in and let me know how to go about fixing this problem

thanks.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: car stalled on highway 2 codes

did some research... 18010 is no biggie just because i had the battery d/c for a bit. 17746 is worrying me though, I don't think its TB/SB since it was replaced last year and because the starter motor turns the engine over, the engine just doesn't start. I'm not sure where these camshaft sensors are though (apperently theres two) I'm trying to follow wires from the ECU to where they might be so I can use a multimeter on them but I'm having trouble. hopefully i just have to replace one of these sensors or replace the fuse for them (anyone know which fuse # it is?)