Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

capable of an hks blow off valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: capable of an hks blow off valve?

ORIGINAL: adidasizd

ORIGINAL: marc10

what if you get a bov with a recirculating kit?

[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=forgetit.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=nono.gif]

Just give up on the BOV... and go with a DV.

thank you....

Old 04-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Site Moderator

Ok i see the pattern.. For every inteligent post there are 3 flaming noob posts.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
5th Gear

whats with people these days and bov's they wont work right how many times does it need to be said

Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

whats with people these days and bov's they wont work right how many times does it need to be said

ya since a recirculating BOV, and a DV are so much different.. last time i checked they do the same exact thing...

i hate people flaming on BOV's....they work, they have a purpose...if u run them right than they do nothing wrong to ur vehicle.

a recirculating BOV does the same thing as a DV...a DV is a recirculating BOV...audi people are just too stuck up to admit they have a BOV on there car...its so stupid. I owe a V6 audi and 2 other cars with BLOW OFF VALVES (dsm and wrx)...both recirculated...both work perfect.

stop hatin on bov's and just admit that if there run right, nothing will be harmed.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear

ok ateurv8, ill stop flaming for stupid posts....oh wait, cleanest a4 right??

bov's are a total preference. if you wanna run one, go for it. you'll get flamed, but in the end if it makes you dig the car more. thats what its about.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

ya since a recirculating BOV, and a DV are so much different.. last time i checked they do the same exact thing...

i hate people flaming on BOV's....they work, they have a purpose...if u run them right than they do nothing wrong to ur vehicle.

a recirculating BOV does the same thing as a DV...a DV is a recirculating BOV...audi people are just too stuck up to admit they have a BOV on there car...its so stupid. I owe a V6 audi and 2 other cars with BLOW OFF VALVES (dsm and wrx)...both recirculated...both work perfect.

stop hatin on bov's and just admit that if there run right, nothing will be harmed.
ok BOV's will work, they work by venting air when your throttle is clcosed so the turbo isnt destroyed. so there i proved that they work. but they are bad becuase the way they work, venting air to the atmosphere and not back into the intake pipe after the maf. this will cause your car to run rich when you let off the throttle and it is opend. this is ok over a short peroid of time. but over long amounts of time u will ruin your cat and harm your motor by running rich. since im an audi person i guess im "too stuck up to admit they (i) have a bov"? no i have a dv on my car now not a bov. but in the future i will run a bov but i will have the software to tune it properly so it will not harm my motor. it is ok to run bov's on modified audis but when u stick them on stock audis just for the psssssssssssss sound wtf are u thinking its not good for your car. and since we all paid lots of money for our cars y would u want to do some thing that u know has no bennifit and has only shown to cause problems??????

Old 04-30-2006, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

ok BOV's will work, they work by venting air when your throttle is clcosed so the turbo isnt destroyed. so there i proved that they work. but they are bad becuase the way they work, venting air to the atmosphere and not back into the intake pipe after the maf. this will cause your car to run rich when you let off the throttle and it is opend. this is ok over a short peroid of time. but over long amounts of time u will ruin your cat and harm your motor by running rich. since im an audi person i guess im "too stuck up to admit they (i) have a bov"? no i have a dv on my car now not a bov. but in the future i will run a bov but i will have the software to tune it properly so it will not harm my motor. it is ok to run bov's on modified audis but when u stick them on stock audis just for the psssssssssssss sound wtf are u thinking its not good for your car. and since we all paid lots of money for our cars y would u want to do some thing that u know has no bennifit and has only shown to cause problems??????
[/quote]

jeff, i know ur an intelligent audi owner...and your car is sick wid it, but in my post i noted that a RECIRCULATED bov is the same thing as a DV...im not talking about venting to the atmosphere...im talking about recirculating the air back into your intake so the maf still reads the correct amount of air.

if you vent, it will mess things up....if you run a bov recirculated they do a marvelous job. DV's are just another word for a recirculated bov, hence the reason i said audi owners dont like to say they have a BOV...there the same freakin thing. they both discharge the air left in the intercooler piping when ur TB shuts...they do identical things...idk why they are called 2 different things.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ok i think we are trying to say the same thing. venting the air is bad..ok we know that. weather its called a recirulating bov or a dv they do the same thing as long as it takes the left over air and puts it back into the intake pipe after the maf its ok to run it. but dont vent any of it out

Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

Potato/Patato, Tomato/Tamato

Old 05-01-2006, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

just get a gfb hybrid or stealth which are both adjustable and you wont have any problems, and youll stop gettin flamed for newb questions

Quick Reply: capable of an hks blow off valve?