Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can tires make car pull to one side?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Can tires make car pull to one side?

Possibly the the wheels need to be balanced. One day i put my balanced (weighted) front wheels on oppositie sides, and my car was turning to the left!

Old 04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

Not to question your intelligence at all, but are the tires unidirectional? Maybe one is on backwards when you rotated.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look but I am fairly sure that Continental SportContact 2's aren't uni-directional. If they are I will have to start to wonder about the Audi Tech's working on it...

Old 04-13-2006, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

yes they can i believe that after having aftermarket rims with aftermarket tires. they are totaly diffrent , my stock ones are kinda oval shaped and it rides fine on the road. but the after market one is like flat it sits on the road better but depends on the road if the road has like dent(i dunno how to say it) like road line or sumthing then it starts to pull to either left or right.
I experience the same effect with my low profile 19's. With the tires both being wider and more square-shouldered than stock, they have a large flat contact patch as compared to the stock setup, which is more rounded. The effect of driving on rutted asphault is that the tires tend to climb "up" the side of the ruts - whether the pull is to the right side or the left side depends on the shape of the ruts, the distance between them, and the position of the car on the road. It can easily pull either way. Maybe you were just driving more to one side of the road versus the other before and after switching the tires.