Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call Me Unlucky!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Call Me Unlucky!

The moto for audi is: "Never Follow."..but in my case it was more like: "Can't Move!" The car died last nite while I was at the local bowling alley..me and a bunch of my friends figured it would be fun to go cosmic bowling. The car died in the parking lot..but we just figured we go bowl first then jump the car after. We get done..go outside..I get in my car..and for the hell-of-it turn the key. The car starts up..and we're ok..nevermind. Start driving home..everything seems ok..although the "ESP" and "ABS" - lights wouldn't go off??? Got on the freeway and drove for about 4 or 5 miles..when all of a sudden..it felt like my transmission dropped (a real solid jerk of the car). Then the lights on my dash started dimming..the xenons turned off..and then I lost pretty much all power. Ended up coasting down the off-ramp..and finally pulling over. Called AAA..they towed me to Les Schuab. Oh..did I mention it was 2:00 AM..when this happened!

Old 01-07-2006, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Call Me Unlucky!

geeez, sorry to hear that

Old 01-07-2006, 03:24 PM

Thats not cool...ever find out what the problem was?

Old 01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Slut

so ur audi took a ****.....really? similar problems occurred when my ecu went bad, but my problems were kind of unique. was the car making less power than usual imediatly b4 the defecation began?

Old 01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds like your alternator took a crap.

Old 01-07-2006, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 99A4NOW

Sounds like your alternator took a crap.

Beat me too it, the lights for the brakes were probally on b/c they couldnt get enought juice to power those systems, and you were driving on battery power until that wore out too....

Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
3rd Gear

why did you tow it to schwab? i thought they only did tires suspension wheels and alignment....

oooh yea they do batteries too, hmmmmm maybe they can help?
keep us posted.good luck!

Old 01-08-2006, 05:00 AM
1st Gear

Called Sunset Audi..the local dealership and they said prob the alternator..won't find out until Monday! But that jerk-thingy was freakin' scary!!! Any ideas???

Old 01-08-2006, 05:04 AM
3rd Gear

sorry to hear that. no one is perfect. see... it is just an anternator. dont make a big deal and love your car..

Old 01-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: SILVER_B5S4

Called Sunset Audi..the local dealership and they said prob the alternator..won't find out until Monday! But that jerk-thingy was freakin' scary!!! Any ideas???
Could have been a belt snaping, or if your alternater had a short in it, it could have cause an electric surge maybe jolting your spark as well??? I pulled that out of my ****, but it sounds like that could be possible.. I dunno.. Im sure its your alternater though.

Quick Reply: Call Me Unlucky!