Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Axle, Transmission out or blown engine U decide!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Default Broken Axle, Transmission out or blown engine U decide!

Ok so im coming from Vegas to Los Angles in my audi a4 t when i noticed that the car was loosing power. The car would not go past 40 on the up hills and on the flat road it would top out at 65 mph with the pedal to the floor. THe rpm would go high 6 and 7 but the car would not move past 65. I continued driving like this for about 2 hours with the pedal down to the floor just trying to go over hills and stay with the flow of traffic. Eventually the oil pressure light came on. So I pulled over checked it and noticed that it was low as a result i put 1/2 a quart in. I continued driving in this similar fashion when the oil pressure light came on again 30 minutes later. I pulled over, checked the oil level once more and noticed that it was low again, so i poured the other half. Kept driving 20 minutes later light comes on but i ignore it. When i get to San Bernadino i pulled over into the gas station and checked my oil levels again, at this point i was very nervous because the oil pressure light would not go out. I pulled my plugs out and noticed that the 2 and 3rd where flooded with oil. I crapped my pants cause i figured i just ruined the engine. I kept driving in the same fashion with the pedal down to the floor all the way to Pasadena ,Ca when the car finaly gave out. All ii heard was a loud crack on the front right side of the car. Soon after alll power was lost the car triptronic shot down to 2nd gear and wouldnt move up or down after that. At first I thought it was my axels cause the mechanic said the right one needed to be replaced right away. But then i thought maybe the clutch was gone cause it just sounded like it was spinning but not grabbing on to anything. My brother suggested that i might have dropped my transmission. Im so bummed right now because it dont know what the problem is and i figure its gonna be expensive. Any suggestions as to what it could be. Please help.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Broken Axle, Transmission out or blown engine U decide!

[:@]
I can't believe you continued to drive it like that!!!It sounded like a transmission problem, but then it evolved into much more......

This is a fake post huh...

Old 07-13-2007, 04:07 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Your Audi is broken, go buy a '87 Corolla and never drive an Audi again

Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear

Thats got stupid written all over it, who keeps driving when the car is obviosly got a huge problem, come on what was the first Clue the the WOT and 65 or the constant oil lights, come one man if paris hiltondid that we'd so ok shes F**kin Dumb, but you should now better.

Transmission, you probobly dropped your torque convertor, Tips dont have Clutch's i dont think its hydraulic

Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

By the way, if you have an automatic, you don't have a clutch. It's not a DSG gearbox. Do you even own a car?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

What did it sound like?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

It sounded like a cow mooing, and then all of a sudden it farted like an incontinent 95 year old man on a prune diet!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
3rd Gear

I really dont know what to tell you... By driving that long with problems, you wanted to get fcuked. It will still cost you lots of money but I dont see any connection between oil and axle.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:51 AM

Yeah i know it was stupid, but i was in such a hurry to get to work. I figured the car is dead and i still have 4 years of payments on it. anyone have a clue as to what it could be and how much?

Old 07-15-2007, 06:47 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Take it to a mechanic

Quick Reply: Broken Axle, Transmission out or blown engine U decide!